What do I need to do before I can check in for flight

Peabody Strange

What do I need to do before I can check in for flight

I am booked on an airnuigini flight Manila -> Cairns (Australia) leaving 24 January.  I am in Davao so I need to hop a domestic flight to Manila prior to 24 January.

1. What are the requirements for domestic travel?

2. I need a negative covid pcr test done within 7 days of departure.  I'm thinking I will get that done in Manila but where and how long to get a result and do I need an appointment etc?  

3. In addition to securing an ecc certificate from BI and a covid test, what other bits of paper do I need?

It's hard to find exactly what the requirements are as they keep changing.  Has anyone had a recent experience with departing the philippines?

-- 

BossHog
36 minutes ago, Peabody Strange said:

I'm thinking I will get that done in Manila but where and how long to get a result and do I need an appointment etc?  

Health Metrics at Mall of Asia is a good choice. Appointment, yes. They will work with you on fitting your test result into the required timeframe. 

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1
Peabody Strange
1 minute ago, BossHog said:

Health Metrics at Mall of Asia. Appointment, yes. They will work with you on fitting your test result into the required timeframe. 

Does test done within "7 days" mean 7 days since taking the test or 7 days since receiving the test result? 

How long from taking test to getting result?

BossHog
1 minute ago, Peabody Strange said:

How long from taking test to getting result?

12 hours or less. My buddy did it there yesterday. As far as the timing, like I said they will work with you. Read between the lines.

• Like 1
Peabody Strange

About domestic flight from Davao to Manila... I'm planning on getting to manila a week before my international flight and stay in a hotel.  That should get me time to get the pcr test.  In addition, what do I need before I'm allowed to get on the domestic flight in Davao?  

CEBUPAC list the following requirements:

Medical Certificate – secured not more than one (1) week prior to flight date  -> This is a pcr test right??

Barangay Certificate  -> I go to the local Barangay hall to get this??

PNP Travel Authority -> Where do I get this??

to_dave007
3 hours ago, Peabody Strange said:

PNP Travel Authority -> Where do I get this??

Your local PNP station I believe.

Also..  make sure you have hotel reservation..  Some hotels closed..  some dedicated to quarantine..  or stranded folks..  some just full.  Friend of mine had issues.