Most convenient bank in Philippines??

the chimp

SkyMan
19 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

Philippines HSBC Premier debit card. (Visa)

Also, you can set the online single transfer amount up to 3 million pesos. It comes in handy if you are making a large payment to a person or company for something and prefer not to use cash.

Has a rather large minimum balance though, right? 

BossHog
57 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

$75,000 USD

RogerDuMond
On 12/31/2020 at 1:00 AM, SkyMan said:

On 12/31/2020 at 1:57 AM, BossHog said:

$75,000 USD

Sort of. I don't have a minimum balance in the Philippines. I have an IRA in the US. So although I have accounts in the Philippines and the US, I don't have to keep the amount in  both. That minimum amount is in any form, cash, CDs, or investments. If you fall below the minimum, there is a $50 USD per month charge to maintain the Premier status.

Fresh
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

although I have accounts in the Philippines and the US, I don't have to keep the amount in  both.

Did they tell you that when you opened the PH Premier account?

With Advance they told me there needed to be a minimum balance in the PH account, but that was before I linked the accounts, so I'm wondering if what you're talking about is Premier-only, or any PH HSBC account after they become linked...

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, Fresh said:

Did they tell you that when you opened the PH Premier account?

With Advance they told me there needed to be a minimum balance in the PH account, but that was before I linked the accounts, so I'm wondering if what you're talking about is Premier-only, or any PH HSBC account after they become linked...

I didn't physically open the account in the Philippines. We opened our account in the U.S. and our Premier Relationship Manager called HSBC Philippines and opened both a Peso checking account and a USD savings account in our name before we moved. The paperwork to sign and all the documents were mailed to us in the US well before we moved. We only had to put $10 US in each to open them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1