IATF requires wearing of face shields on top of masks

BossHog

Everyone? Everywhere? Just wow.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, December 15) — The government is now requiring everyone stepping out of their homes to wear a face shield on top of a face mask, task force spokesman Harry Roque said Tuesday.

In a media briefing, Roque said the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has made it mandatory for people to wear full face shields together with face masks to "effectively lessen the transmission of COVID-19."

Previously, the face shield is only required to be worn when riding public transportation and in entering malls.

Roque clarified that full face shields should be used, which covers the forehead to the chin. Anything shorter than that is not allowed, he said.

The new policy comes as the Philippines braces for a potential surge in COVID-19 infections during the holiday season, as more people head out to shop and meet family and friends after months of strict quarantine rules.

CNN Philippines

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dafey

• BossHog

• Kreole

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like the flimsy plastic face shields may finally be on the way out via presidential decree. I'm not sure how many other countries even enforced this. As of now, if I step a few feet off the pro

Thank god for this man.  Someone is actually requesting the "science" behind all of these dictatorial policies.  And he is brave enough to stand up to Roque and the "other officials" none of whom has

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey

We've been required for quite a while to have face shields on top of the mask in the grocery store and market. Most shops don't worry about it. Also, half the folks wearing them have them on top of their heads so it is ineffectual anyway.

• Like 3
MarinePride

Printed rules are often very different than realty. 38 active cases in Lapu Lapu as of yesterday. People are largely half wearing masks, very few face shields I’ve seen in my travels to the resorts, vets office, indoor dining and local strip malls. 

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

I've never had anyone ask me to put on a face shield...

image.png.7529b3d136e82cb40084a3c1176864ba.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Soupeod

They miss the whole point of protecting the eyes.   

Face shield doesn’t do jack all.... 

Yea I can see all the fishermen and families here in the province wearing them! 😂 plus the 100 young kids swimming in the ocean 😂

Manila is disconnected from reality.  What about those giant license plates for motorcycles!

• Haha 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, Soupeod said:

What about those giant license plates for motorcycles!

Shhhhhh...

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Manila is disconnected from reality

Yeah, i used to have to do drugs for that effect.  

Got me a nice shield from my dentist, the heavy plexiglass type with the sort of optics you would prefer when your dentist is drilling out a tooth.  Works better over my glasses and is a nice substitute for goggles when working with power tools.  She also gave me one of those full body suits.  It will be useful for climbing mango trees.  The sap is worse than poison ivy for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
BossHog

Suffer the discomfort of a face shield or risk caning by yantok.

---

The above sentence would've been inconceivable a few long months ago.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
to_dave007

lots of face masks in Tuburan..  most people in town..  but no-one on the beach.

face shields required in Prince..  and maybe municipal buildings..  but not bank, pharmacy, and LBC.

haven't been asked for Q-Pass for weeks and weeks.. until today..  was asked at entry to JMall to go pick up my new ACR card.

• Like 2
wondersailor

Full faceshields along with masks and tracking app required in my town outside of Davao. The first day required I was without a faceshield and asked if I could wear my full face helmet I was carrying. Absolutely not. Makes sense, if everyone who had one was allowed how many 50p shields would go unsold.

• Like 2
to_dave007
3 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

tracking app required in my town outside of Davao. 

What if you don't have a smart phone?

BossHog
6 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

What if you don't have a smart phone?

Yeah, I don't have a phone so what I had to do was download the provincial e-Health pass and print it out; my teen refuses to have a phone too and she did the same thing. The roadblock folks and doormen and so on can read the QR code off the paper so you don't really need a phone and the app itself.

pass.jpg.e5b8231bf83a04ade80d1dd77297c884.jpg

Actually I don't have a face mask or face shield either but someone always seems to hand them me to put on if we get near a village or town. With Christmas now imminent I can easily see the cops collecting some quick holiday cash from people not wearing the face mask/shield combo.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
smokey

the smart well they own 20 million mask and they are for sale. At first they were 350 each then 200.  Then 75.  Then not saleable.  Time to buy up    merry christmas

• Administrator
Dafey
6 hours ago, BossHog said:

Yeah, I don't have a phone

Don't be fooled. He has a phone just doesn't know how to use it!

• Haha 1