Three weeks of treatment..

Ozepete

Was diagnosed with multiple myeloma 11 years age and after chemo and stem cell harvesting, I had been in remission / monitoring role since. End of November 2020 images revealed a massive rapidly forming mass in my lungs! Rushed off to St Vincents in Melb. where they are simply brilliant. Tests, images etc led to five days in radiation to reduce a 105mm wide growth in the lung along with a few of its mates. Back home last night and booked in for another Chemo regime starting Jan 3 and runs for a year. 

The surprise to me was how far advanced this treatment has become. What I had ten + years ago is now 'old hat' with new products now that are incredible. By the time I got admitted and prepped for radiation I could not speak or breathe without help. The first radiation was fecking amazing cos within hours I felt brand new. (Being able to breathe again helps!!!)

The reason I mention this is 'never give up! What you think the treatment possibilities are / were, they have most likely been well and truly passed. What they did for me has been absolutely incredible so if you're ill, stay positive cos there are some incredible advances being made each day.   Cheers all and merry Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
cookie47
13 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

End of November 2020 images revealed a massive rapidly forming mass in my lungs! Rushed off to St Vincents in Melb.

Gees, Wondered where ya been. Glade your better and I and all wish you a good Christmas and a better new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
HeyMike

Good to hear you are doing well with the new treatments, Pete. Your positive attitude is an inspiration for us all. Congrats on your success.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Hey Pete, glad you have good medical pros taking care of you.

1 hour ago, Ozepete said:

The surprise to me was how far advanced this treatment has become

My mom died 50 years ago from cancer. the same illness today would almost be out-patient surgery. It is amazing how far they are advancing modern medicine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
mikewright

Great to hear you are doing well, Pete. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1