Talisay Kid

is using tricare in Cebu City feasable? is it a pain? or doable? is it worth it? Thanks

CardiacKid

Best to ask Headshot about this. He has experienced the tender mercies of Tricare in the Philippines. 

Headshot

I'm not impressed by my experiences with Tricare while living on Cebu. I have received approximately 34% reimbursement for hospital care, but nothing for doctor appointments or for medications obtained locally. They always had excuses for why they couldn't pay the claims (mostly because things were not coded like they wanted). However, the one part of Tricare that does work is the pharmacy. If you take your prescriptions to Dr. Edgar Tan (who is a registered physician in the US) at CDUH, he can send them in to Express Scripts Pharmacy in Phoenix, Arizona for processing. Provided you have membership in RAO (an organization for retired US military personnel), you can get your medications delivered here to Cebu (for much less than the same medications will cost locally, even with the co-pay). I believe Dr. Tan is the only doctor on Cebu who can submit prescriptions to Express Scripts.

• Like 2