PH Immigration backs use of COVID-19 passport

• Administrator
Salty Dog
13 minutes ago, softail said:

Yea, I’m waiting to return to the Philippines until the wife and I get ours.

I'm waiting until Hell freezes over... :P 

• Like 1
softail
1 minute ago, Salty Dog said:

could be awhile, I hear they have unlimited firewood 🪵 

• Haha 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Hell Has Finally Frozen Over

Temperatures have plunged well below freezing in the town of Hell, Michigan, causing chaos for locals but delighting fans of one famous saying.

Snow has blanketed the tiny community, and bodies of water have literally frozen over—as demonstrated by an intrepid WDIV journalist who reported from an iced-over lake Wednesday.

Businesses have temporarily closed, and residents are staying indoors in the town, which lies roughly 15 miles northwest of Ann Arbor. "It's a brutal day in Hell. It's colder than Hell," groundskeeper Jerry Duffie told the local station.

Roll up your sleeve Bubba....

Newsweek article 1/31/19. couldn't paste

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 months later...
bounder

I received my first shot of Pfizer on February 5 and will receive my second dose on February 26.  I also had coronavirus last October, so I can't get much more exposed there.  I have been away from my family for 16 months!  I am ready to return home!  The issue ( am having is all the darn hoops I am going to have to jump through to just get into the country...and almost clueless where to begin.  

• Like 2
cvgtpc1
2 minutes ago, bounder said:

...and almost clueless where to begin.  

Why I've thought the PI has fixers for everything, should have them for covid to work the process for us lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
6 hours ago, bounder said:

almost clueless where to begin

This lady has a few videos on the subject and is a good place to start. I suggest you subscribe to her channel as she updates travel and requirements almost daily. While you are listening to her reports you can click on links to her reference pages and view the actual updates from the government and airlines.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
cookie47

Another site that may be of help.

I've followed this guy a Filam for a while even though my travel plans are way off.. He seems to be on the ball but I'm no expert anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Kreole
On 12/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, BossHog said:

“The importance of this proposed COVID-19 passport cannot be underestimated when our country fully reopens its borders to all international travelers,” Morente said.

HongKongPhooey

I’m down with personally getting the vaccine. If it causes me to be sterile, that’s just an added benefit to humanity.

I’m having problems understanding how vaccinations figure into travel restrictions.

(1) It is not proven (currently) that those who have been vaccinated cannot still be infected and transmit the virus. Testing before travel and upon arrival then makes more sense.

(2) What about children? No vaccine is currently approved for those under 16 years old, but even if one eventually is, that’s a very difficult decision as a parent, to get you kid vaccinated without at least a couple years of data on its effects and effectiveness. Testing before travel and upon arrival would make more sense.

If the intent is to prevent visitors from getting sick and overloading local health facilities that is one thing; but couldn’t that be said for vaccinations for everything else you can catch in the Philippines? Based on the symptoms, I’ve gotten COVID-19 every time I visited the Philippines since 2013.

• Like 2
SkyMan
16 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Another site that may be of help.

I've followed this guy a Filam for a while even though my travel plans are way off.. He seems to be on the ball but I'm no expert anyway.

I watched a couple of these which had errors. I believe he's relaying news from news sources (which are often incorrect) rather than from actual government sources which may also be incorrect but at least they are the rule until changed.

He also may be putting a bit of his own spin (inadvertently) on it.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 3
cookie47
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

errors

Yeh,I have to agree,A month or so ago he actually apologized for an error but to be fair it was in that week Where the BI even put out a clarification on "something" they posted that was a bit iffy..I did hesitate before posting but "hey" thought it would be a good idea at the Time.:shocked:

• Like 2