Jump to content

requirements before leaving the country


Recommended Posts

I will fly direct from Manila to Vancouver the end of December. There is some misinformation about what is required to leave. Having been here ten months I believe I need a certificate from the police or something. This can be obtained at the airport. Is that correct? 

People going to Australia require a coronvirus test but not those going to Canada.

Do I require any tests by the Philippine authorities?

These policies are fluid and can change. Just want to get an idea of what I have to do. Thanks

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

I have no current info but my friend flew to Canada 3 months ago and needed a swab test as well as a blood test. 

Edited by Davaoeno
comment was irrelevant to the facts at hand
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I have no current info but my friend flew to Canada 3 months ago and needed a swab test as well as a blood test.  Given that Davao has one of the highest rates of Covid in the Philippines i find it hard to believe that there is no test at all required now

That may have been a requirement of the country he transited through?

@MJonesI would check the NAIA website along with those of your airline and Canada.  The police certificate you mention is probably just needed to get to NAIA and may be useless after you are there as is the one for MCIA.  You'll need an ECC from the BI but you may be able to get that at the airport. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
7 hours ago, SkyMan said:

You'll need an ECC from the BI but you may be able to get that at the airport. 

Looks like @MJones is located in Cebu.  Why would you suggest he get the mandatory ECC (Exit Clearance Certificate) in Manila and not in Cebu before he flies to Manila?  I thought this needed to be done NO LATER than the day prior to travel.  Would not wish to arrive in Manila and find that it can NOT be obtained at the airport.

@MJones If you are new at this..  the Exit Clearance is required by immigration for any tourist who has been in-country 6 months or longer.  Without it you won't be able to pass through immigration to EXIT the country.  Was mandatory even before covid.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

That may have been a requirement of the country he transited through?

 

He flew Davao-Manila- Toronto

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Why would you suggest he get the mandatory ECC (Exit Clearance Certificate) in Manila and not in Cebu before he flies to Manila?

He didn't mention flying from Cebu to Manila.  Had he, I would have suggested he find a flight from Cebu and not gone to Manila.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I would have suggested he find a flight from Cebu and not gone to Manila.

Gee, it's not like I havn't heard that one at least a dozen times...:biggrin_01:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
7 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Gee, it's not like I havn't heard that one at least a dozen times...:biggrin_01:

And yet people still book through Manila which is an especially bad move now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
liquido
45 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

And yet people still book through Manila which is an especially bad move now. 

Back in April, Manila was your only choice of getting out ..The ultimate horror for me was getting stuck there in Manila but the gods were looking down..At least now you have Cebu...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor

My girlfriend is, as I write, on Messanger with a friend who flew from Davao to Manila to Tokyo to Dallas. She just landed today. No Covid test was required. If she had flown to Taiwan, a swab test would be required.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
1 hour ago, wondersailor said:

My girlfriend is, as I write, on Messanger with a friend who flew from Davao to Manila to Tokyo to Dallas. She just landed today. No Covid test was required. If she had flown to Taiwan, a swab test would be required.

What airline was this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor
On 12/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, Soupeod said:

What airline was this?

Japan Airways (I know for sure was a Japanese carrier) to Tokyo, then American to Dallas. They key here is that she had her travel agent do the leg work, NOT just jumping on an airline website or discount site. A good local travel agent can be a God send during times like this.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
3 hours ago, wondersailor said:

Japan Airways (I know for sure was a Japanese carrier) to Tokyo, then American to Dallas. They key here is that she had her travel agent do the leg work, NOT just jumping on an airline website or discount site. A good local travel agent can be a God send during times like this.

Thanks and I agree with you 100%.
The reason I asked was because I took ANA airlines Manila-Tokyo-Seattle a few years ago and Cebu was not an option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...