Double vision, cataracts, and 20/40

Double vision and cataracts and 20/40 Oh My.

Decided to have vision cheeked by a place more professional than mall glasses store.

Made appointment with Aces in Perpetual Succor hospital - near Ayala Mall. Called yesterday afternoon - got one for between 9 & 10:30 AM - told them double vision and possible cataracts

Got there at 8:50 - doors opened at exactly 9 - given new patient paperwork - waited for the info to be put into computer - then got the red dot test - "sir, can't get good reading you have cataracts".

Next stop was the chart test, testing existing glasses, etc. Max correction to 20/40. Then onto the doctor (Dr. ONG).

Did the tests for double vision - determined prism required was lowest strength and that cataracts near borderline for surgery but not severe. Cost for out-patient surgery (not him - he said he wasn't qualified) was 51k and if I did get glasses now prescription would change. Decided to get the new glasses and see about surgery later.

Cost for exams - P850 total - after Phil Health was only P10

Lens = P2,500 w/ prism (photogray/ not sure of cost yet - lab closed)

Frames were between P2k and P4K but told can put lens in exiting frame no extra cost.

So far I highly recommend this Aces location (there are several others).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Cataracts.  You'll want to keep an eye on this (low hanging fruit) as treatment sooner is easier.  Hopefully you are seeing an ophthamologist about it, if not, given "near borderline", within a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, rfm010 said:

Cataracts.  You'll want to keep an eye on this (low hanging fruit) as treatment sooner is easier.  Hopefully you are seeing an ophthamologist about it, if not, given "near borderline", within a year.

Was going to do it in states this year - will as soon as can get there (that's not a problem - getting back is)

Ong and one of the eye surgeons - there are 3 - took pics in case anyone wanted their credentials.

20201208_102104[1].jpg

20201208_102109[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
SmokyMtnRon

I had both eye cataracts taken care of at Larrazabal Eye in Cebu Doctors' Univeristy Hospital. (Dr. Ho performed the surgery both times.) EXCELLENT.

https://larrazabaleye.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
cookie47

Nice info thanks.,I've worn glasses since 9 years old..

Although fortunately I don't have any issues (apart from being myopic as such) however ,, I'm overdue for test and frames. 

Update - adding photogray would be another P3K

I took lasik on both eyes by Larrazabal Center of Sight, Cebu in 2007. Cost approx. 40k PHP. All my glasses away for some 11 years.

Then my eyes got flurry again so I got cataract surgery, left eye in September 2019 and the right in April last. As the eyes are adjusting, I do have to use reading glasses.

• Like 2