More foreigners to leave PH until year-end

SkyMan
17 hours ago, Dafey said:

Actually if you are a former BB makes no difference. You need to secure a tourist visa from the embassy at home before traveling to the Philippines. BB is temporarily suspended. The reason they let you in is because you are married to a Philippines citizen.

Exactly, the fact you can get a tourist visa is the BB priv.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Administrator
Dafey
8 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Exactly, the fact you can get a tourist visa is the BB priv.

I don't look at it that way. The BB was no charge and good for 1 year. The best you can do for Tourist seems to be 6 months and cost me $250 US.

• Like 2
cvgtpc1
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

I don't look at it that way. The BB was no charge and good for 1 year. The best you can do for Tourist seems to be 6 months and cost me $250 US.

Exactly!!

SkyMan
17 hours ago, Dafey said:

Right, but at least you have the option to come at all. There are many that would pay more but just can't come at all.

Plus there are some that for some reason feel it's necessary to point out that the BB is a privilege and not a visa (WTF?)  So to me that sounds less dependable anyway. 

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
HeyMike

I wish to hell they would bring back the bb already. Call it what you want, just bring it back.

Don't make me come over there.

• Haha 2
cvgtpc1

BB was nice as we rarely planned early enough to include having to get a visa, would just get on a plane and go.  And since wife would now need a 9A who knows when we're going back.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, cvgtpc1 said:

And since wife would now need a 9A who knows when we're going back.

Is your wife a dual citizen?

cvgtpc1
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

Is your wife a dual citizen?

No, gave up RP when she got US citizenship, wow 26 years ago, time flies.  Were young and never thought of the advantages of being dual.  Looking at dual now.

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Dual is the way to go. She will then have all the rights as a Philippine Citizen. Also, she can arrive without a visa, just show her dual paperwork.

Contact the embassy closest to you. Pretty painless except that she has to show up in person to take the oath.

• Like 1
BossHog
On 11/26/2020 at 2:04 AM, HeyMike said:
I wish to hell they would bring back the bb already. Call it what you want, just bring it back.
Don't make me come over there.

They listened to ya Mike! Balikbayan privilege reinstated starting December 7th.

Source: Harry Roque

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 1
HeyMike
39 minutes ago, BossHog said:

They listened to ya Mike! Balikbayan privilege reinstated starting December 7th.

Source: Harry Roque

Thank you BossHog, good news indeed. A day that will live in infamy.

Yep, sometimes you just have to be a little assertive to get things done... (rubs nose doing his Barney Fife imitation).

• Haha 3
softail

MANILA, Philippines — Filipino citizens’ foreign spouses and children, along with returning Filipinos or “balikbayans,” will be allowed to enter the Philippines starting December 7, Malacañang announced Friday.

“Also permitted is the entry of former Filipino citizens, including their spouses and children, regardless of age, who are travelling with them,” presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.

INQUIRER file photo

MANILA, Philippines — Filipino citizens’ foreign spouses and children, along with returning Filipinos or “balikbayans,” will be allowed to enter the Philippines starting December 7, Malacañang announced Friday.

“Also permitted is the entry of former Filipino citizens, including their spouses and children, regardless of age, who are travelling with them,” presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement

They are allowed to enter the country provided they secure a booking at a quarantine facility and have a swab test schedule at Philippine airports,  added Roque.

“They, too, must be subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry.”

Roque said the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) has already directed the Bureau of Immigration to formulate guidelines to ensure the said policy’s implementation.

The Department of Tourism was also directed to issue guidelines on providing accommodation to returning spouses and children of Filipinos, the Palace official added.

In November, the IATF allowed foreigners with investors visa to enter the country provided they likewise have pre-booked a quarantine facility and swab test.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1365467/welcome-back-filipinos-foreign-spouses-children-balikbayans-may-enter-ph-by-dec-7

• Thanks 2