Typhoon Vamco - Ulysses (10 Nov 2020)

BossHog

Pagasa has already named this system and is expecting Category 2 or 3 typhoon strength as it landfalls on Luzon mid-week:

Ulysses2120.thumb.png.0f0809500558f31dcd6c68867f95da3f.png

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

One thing nice about living in Florida, there is a definition of "Hurricane Season". Her Typhoon season seems to run from April through March!

Everybody but Europe took a break on this one

image.thumb.png.74b9c8f14b6f33a1cb05ef7bff6c4615.png

Seriously, this could be a bad one for Samar through Manila, Whoopee! More rain in the Viscayans.

• Like 1
BossHog

JMA has upgraded this to a Tropical Storm and given it the international name of Vamco.

Manila in the crosshairs again.

b-00.thumb.png.3a635cf8c2d246b8a91f5e4dba53d88f.pngaIrNdGl.thumb.gif.78947c55ddb8f8bdbcda5092e91be04c.gifrb-l.gif.80ff461e61e2f24a7aa31d236a6453e1.gif

Tight consensus on the track as you can see below:

VAMCO.thumb.png.4e017094a5b5055dcb1e4931a6f2fa6b.png

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 5
MickyG

yes in the cross hair but not landed a punch just yet. still need more than 15m in angat dam to get to spill level

• Like 2
BossHog

Projected 85 knot landfall tonight/early tomorrow and then the track has shifted a bit more to the north of Manila:

wp2520.thumb.gif.5dd55a8ccbe57c6c5cec6332881aefdf.gif

5:50 am Wednesday....

se2_b13_2140.thumb.jpg.6cbe88bbc254c9a4a44c3625715ee5e0.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 2
BossHog

6 PM Wednesday:

vis0-lalo.gif.17d8adac6df7b0cea9b1db141548a566.gif

• Like 1
BossHog

Early Thursday morning video update:

• Like 2
Daddle

Got an email from wifey. Our bahay kubo is destroyed. Her and the boy are hiding in the separate hollowblock CR. They are in Infanta, Quezon...direct hit. I'm stuck in California by the COVID and visa fiasco. The bahay kubo was not well built. I'm surprised it stood this long - 2 years. Not a single diagonal brace in the whole thing despite my helpful comments to the local experts. I suppose they will either pull the thing back vertical or move back in with nearby mom and dad. I'm joining them soon. Will find an apartment. No way am I staying in that in-law mad-house again.

• Sad 5
BossHog
On 11/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, MickyG said:

still need more than 15m in angat dam to get to spill level

Floods possible as Angat Dam releases water

"Angat Dam's reservoir water level is in critical range as of Thursday morning. Authorities said the dam will open its spillway gates with initial gate opening of 0.5 meters at 10 a.m. to ensure its stability. They are warning nearby residents that water in Angat River is expected to rise due to the opening of gates. They have been alerted to watch out for possible floods."  

CNN Philippines

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
MickyG

yes we now have full tap pressure. been almost two years that angat has hit spill level