Can Opener Bridge Has Been Raised - But Not Enough!

lamoe

cookie47

I've been watching this for months.

(You can tell I'm bored)

• Haha 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

I've been watching this for months.

(You can tell I'm bored)

So it's true what they say about Aussies...:P

If you're really bored, this will keep you busy for several days....:biggrin_01:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
cvgtpc1

I guess none of these people are local to the area and cognizant of this?  Maybe if they lit up that yellow bar with hazard lights....

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Reminds me of the Ayala Mall Underground parking with those damn hanging yellow bars that tall SUVs and multcab were always hitting… 

• Thanks 1
cookie47
4 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

if they lit up that yellow bar with hazard lights....

There is a similar bridge in South Melbourne AU. Notorious for the same incidents despite flashing lights both on the bridge and preceding it.

It was comical to see until a tourist bus hit it and killed a passenger and seriously injured the driver. It's a short drive from the Melbourne Port and the Ferry from Tasmania. A retiree (not familiar with the bridge) Invested his life savings into a 5th Wheeler and wrote it Off within 10 minutes of arriving on the mainland.

Wiki page and others

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montague_Street_Bridge

probably a daily occurence in "low bridge hell" Chitcango When I drove a truck OTR I hated going to that city