Exciting Police Motorcycle Chase in Finland

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog

It's kind of a long video (24 min), but it was interesting seeing the chase from police officer's view.

I didn't catch it from the beginning and sound was off, so didn't realize the officer was on a motorcycle. At first I was thinking damn, this guy can drive. Then I realized he was also on a motorcycle.

The officer is definitely tenacious.

The chase pretty much ends around the 18 min mark...

• Like 3
Goetz1965

Typical Fisheye look of the small GoPro style Action cams, make it look more "dangerous" as it looks.
Also with empty streets like that ... I would've been faster

cookie47

I personally couldn't tell what the bike's were but the cops was on the Rev limiter a couple of times...:shocked:

16 hours ago, cookie47 said:

I personally couldn't tell what the bike's were but the cops was on the Rev limiter a couple of times...:shocked:

Suzuki Boulevard? vs Harley

https://www.brm.co.nz/the-greatest-motorcycle-chase-of-all-time-comes-from-finland/

This could well be the greatest motorcycle chase ever, and it comes to us courtesy of the boys in blue of Finland.

The chase between a rider on a Suzuki Boulevard and motorcycle cop starts on the outskirts of the Finnish capital, Helsinki, before ending up in a field just outside of the town of Espoo, where the rider of the fleeing Harley comes to a sticky end after spinning his big bike out on a dirt road.

Oh, and by the way, the fleeing rider is doing this all two up. Although, *Spoiler alert* he does show little regard for his pillion at the end…

At just over 20 minutes long, the chase covers around 32 kilometres, but the Finn’s being a reasonably well behaved lot, the speeds work out at an average of around 96km/h. What it lacks in high speeds it definitely makes up for in butt puckering manoeuvres through motorway traffic and intersections.

What do you reckon, is this the best bike chase ever or have you seen better? We’re thinking there probably is better, if not shorter ones out there.

He took a hike 'cause carrying drugs? Just a guess.

Lesson: Big bike useless out of paved road. Lot of vids of small dual sports who manage to escape 'cause they know the small tracks in their neighborhood. 

• Like 1
cookie47

Thanks RR3.

Reviewing it again the big fat tyre and the v twin thump gave it away although I wasn't prepared to call it as Yamaha have a Harley look alike

Definitely not a bike for that environment.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
4 hours ago, RR3 said:

The chase between a rider on a Suzuki Boulevard and motorcycle cop starts on the outskirts of the Finnish capital, Helsinki, before ending up in a field just outside of the town of Espoo, where the rider of the fleeing Harley comes to a sticky end after spinning his big bike out on a dirt road.

First they call it a Suzuki Boulevard, then in same sentence they call it a Harley...:idontknow:

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
4 hours ago, RR3 said:

He took a hike 'cause carrying drugs? Just a guess.

Comment from a blog:

The reason for this chase was only speeding, he first drove 144km/h in 80km/h zone and by normal speed trap that was set up by police.

This guy turned out to be a convicted felon, manslaughter in 2002 and shooting another guy to leg with a shotgun in 2014.
I´m guessing the guy was on parole at that moment.

Punishment for crimes in Finland is absurd, this guy got only 2 years in prison from this and earlier crimes including assaulting ex-spouse and minor children. Also possessing illegal firearms.

With good behaviour the guy will get parole maybe after 1-1,5 years

https://ronslog.typepad.com/ronslog/2017/02/finnish-motorcycle-chase.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 11/5/2020 at 9:54 PM, Salty Dog said:

First they call it a Suzuki Boulevard, then in same sentence they call it a Harley...:idontknow:

Same same but different, now they say Suzuki IntruderM1800...