Shopee doesn't Accept USA Visa Credit Card

An item on Shopee - no COD - tried for 2 days to enter CC - "server error" finally after a couple hours of erasing, cookies, etc. - get message - "where was CC issued? - America - we don't accept cards from there. :scratch_head:

There is a way to pay Shopee with cash - checkout - payment method is "remittance" - I selected LBC (no transaction fee) - get a verification code and scanable bar code.

Then take to LBC and pay. Not as good as my Chase cards for resolving disputes. Will see how it works.

Edited by lamoe
cookie47

Note this post may well need to go into computers .But it's about Shopee..in general...

The Shopee Android application for me has been problematic.  Shopee  has become attractive for me/us as I wanted to Use COD (when available).

I currently use Lazada (and a big user) but with a Australian based visa credit card on file...☹️....SO..I went to the Google app store to download the Shopee app. However,,"Sorry this application is not available in your country. WTF. I'm in the Philippines,Have my phone (Two weeks old) set up for Country,Time,Date, ....Well, it took me 2 days of stuffing around and Googling to find something most suprising and has also given others on the net a headache. My original app store account was set up ,loong ago,, in Australia and I "chose" at the time not to nominate a payment option SHOULD I decide to buy an application..Now apparently there has been a change within Google rules that you don't have the option/icon  to "pass" on this question, Well I didn't as I tried..You have to choose CC, PayPal, or Something else I can't remember. And,, ( this is the main issue) Google also dictates that you can only change your country (for app store purchases (even though the Shopee app is free) within the app store ONCE a year. ? .Now this might be ok for some, But what happens if I do decide to change to the Philippines app store and then go to Australia and then want an app dedicated to Australia or go to any other county I might add. Do I get the same issues."This app is not available in Your country"...I'm guessing they use your ip address to come to these conclusions . The silly thing about all of this is this situation does not apply to ALL applications,free or otherwise, as I downloaded a photo album app with no problems. So, note: my command of computers and all things Android is quite good but surely am I missing something here. I mean I don't really want to give Google my credit card account after all that's the whole point of trying to use cash with Shoppe Thanks...🙃 Any ideas welcome..

10 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Note this post may well need to go into computers .But it's about Shopee..in general...

The Shopee Android application for me has been problematic.  Shopee  has become attractive for me/us as I wanted to Use COD (when available).

I currently use Lazada (and a big user) but with a Australian based visa credit card on file...☹️....SO..I went to the Google app store to download the Shopee app. However,,"Sorry this application is not available in your country. WTF. I'm in the Philippines,Have my phone (Two weeks old) set up for Country,Time,Date, ....Well, it took me 2 days of stuffing around and Googling to find something most suprising and has also given others on the net a headache. My original app store account was set up ,loong ago,, in Australia and I "chose" at the time not to nominate a payment option SHOULD I decide to buy an application..Now apparently there has been a change within Google rules that you don't have the option/icon  to "pass" on this question, Well I didn't as I tried..You have to choose CC, PayPal, or Something else I can't remember. And,, ( this is the main issue) Google also dictates that you can only change your country (for app store purchases (even though the Shopee app is free) within the app store ONCE a year. ? .Now this might be ok for some, But what happens if I do decide to change to the Philippines app store and then go to Australia and then want an app dedicated to Australia or go to any other county I might add. Do I get the same issues."This app is not available in Your country"...I'm guessing they use your ip address to come to these conclusions . The silly thing about all of this is this situation does not apply to ALL applications,free or otherwise, as I downloaded a photo album app with no problems. So, note: my command of computers and all things Android is quite good but surely am I missing something here. I mean I don't really want to give Google my credit card account after all that's the whole point of trying to use cash with Shoppe Thanks...🙃 Any ideas welcome..

There are also direct bank transfers but the LBC, 7 / 11 CLQQ options are the least convoluted. At least for me.

• Like 1

I only do COD with Shopee. It doesn't come? They get no money. We average 4 deliveries a week or more. Bosch power tech hose ordered three days ago and it here this morning. Cash at the gate.

Cant use Lazada right now. Three unsuccessful deliveries as Entrego carriers are not allowed on the Island. Good job I didn't pay by debit card (I dont do credit either).

• Like 3
cookie47
44 minutes ago, hyaku said:

COD with Shopee

Thanks for the reply.

Well that was the Intention to use cash.

I assume you use The android App and haven't run into this issues.

In reality I'm quite flexible with payment options (if that what it takes) but not being able to download the application I can't go anywhere..?

And lastly and I've said this before The Lazada service I get is outstanding...

cookie47
There are also direct bank transfers but the LBC, 7 / 11 CLQQ options are the least convoluted. At least for me.

Thanks, It looks like I'll have to change my Google app store location (and use my wife's debit card in the Philippines) and suck it up, and if/when we go to Australia ? well we'll have to see...

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Well that was the Intention to use cash.

I assume you use The android App and haven't run into this issues.

In reality I'm quite flexible with payment options (if that what it takes) but not being able to download the application I can't go anywhere..?

And lastly and I've said this before The Lazada service I get is outstanding...

I use both the app and a PC. Some of the messages cant be read on a PC anyway.

• Like 2

Got the instructions from Dragonpay via e-mail. I would have used Lazada (COD) but the price was P700 more (P2,300 vs P3,000).

Dragonpay <[email protected]>

Tue, Nov 3, 5:06 PM (12 hours ago)

to me

Dear Customer,

Good day and thank you for choosing our service. Please click on the link below and carefully review your instruction online:

https://gw.dragonpay.ph/Bank/GetEmailInstruction.aspx?refno=5MCHH3J6

For payment-specific inquiries, you may call, email or chat with us. For product-specific inquiries or questions regarding the status of your order, please contact the merchant directly.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

• Like 1
cookie47

Fixed.....

Must be to do with the version of the app store /or chrome ,or "something"on my "new phone"

As an experiment I downloaded Shoppe onto my wife's Tablet .Been sitting in the cupboard gathering dust .... About 3 years old.

No problems at all .So there we have it.. Below is a screenshot of what I get on my phone when attempting to download.

Screenshot_2020-11-04-08-44-15-335_com.android.vending.jpg

Your Google account is probably set as a US account. You can change this easily so you can install the Shopee app.

But there is a catch: you can change the country only 1 time every year, so if you want back to the US play store, you have to wait for a while

• Like 1
cookie47

Yes spot on.

I finally found this is the issue.

In my case it'll be Australia. However as stated in my last post I got it (The shopee app) installed and running on an older tablet without a Hitch. Why that is I don't know ? Maybe the version of software is not that fussy... Cheer's.