Jump to content

Online FAX


RogerDuMond

Recommended Posts

RogerDuMond

Does anybody have any experience with any online service for sending a FAX from your computer without a phone line?

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

Yes, Google free email to fax. There are a few of them that offer free trial type deals. 3 per month for up to ten pages or whatever. You may have to send multiple faxes for a long one.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy

Every day a school day!

Ideal for sending to organizations that don’t/won’t accept email attachments. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
MJones

On the topic of fax. I need to use an old style fax machine. Very hard to find. Does anyone know where I can find one? Near Fuent Circle or Ayala Mall? Thanks very much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy
4 hours ago, MJones said:

On the topic of fax. I need to use an old style fax machine. Very hard to find. Does anyone know where I can find one? Near Fuent Circle or Ayala Mall? Thanks very much.

As an alternative, many multi-function “printers” (Print, Copy, Scan) have fax capability built in  and have a socket for a telephone line. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
5 hours ago, Paddy said:

As an alternative, many multi-function “printers” (Print, Copy, Scan) have fax capability built in  and have a socket for a telephone line. 

The problem there is you need to make a long distance (Int'l) landline call to the recipient and that call has to be good enough quality not to drop out the fax data, etc.

9 hours ago, MJones said:

On the topic of fax. I need to use an old style fax machine. Very hard to find. Does anyone know where I can find one? Near Fuent Circle or Ayala Mall? Thanks very much.

Are you sure you really need that?  If you're sending hardcopy docs you can scan them (or have someone scan them) into a PDF file which you can then email to one of the email to fax services.  Newer Samsung phones can even scan documents to multi page pdfs now and well enough you really can't tell they weren't scanned on a bed scanner.  Of course, if you're planning to receive faxes you need a landline and an all in one printer scanner fax.  If just a few maybe a hotel will accept faxes for you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
liquido
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Of course, if you're planning to receive faxes you need a landline and an all in one printer scanner fax.  If just a few maybe a hotel will accept faxes for you?

No sir..Landline not needed to send/receive faxes..Just need wifi. When I was in business I used a similar app..many to choose from..

https://www.faxburner.com/

 

Edited by liquido
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
53 minutes ago, liquido said:

No sir..Landline not needed to send/receive faxes..Just need wifi. When I was in business I used a similar app..many to choose from..

https://www.faxburner.com/

 

True.  I was mainly talking about @MJones requirement to use an actual dedicated fax machine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MJones

Thanks for the replies. I will try one of the apps. My only concern with using these apps and free online programs is security. I read this is an issue as the transmission is not secure. I do not understand why some banks/financial companies do not accept scanned and emailed documents yet they accept fax. Seems the same to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy
22 hours ago, MJones said:

I do not understand why some banks/financial companies do not accept scanned and emailed documents yet they accept fax. Seems the same to me. 

Fax is old and trusted technology and often replaced mail. A fax can not infect your computer system with a virus in the way clicking on a mail attachment can. 
I think the banks etc will eventually get up to date - especially since secure document transfer systems and electronic signature systems are becoming more common. 
I’m in the process of selling a house in Canada at the moment. I have completed all the paperwork so far from my balcon in Masbate - well, when Globe has cooperated!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..