Philippine Red List of Threatened Wild Fauna (PDF download)

BossHog

The Philippine Red List of Threatened Wild Fauna Part 1 Vertebrates (2020) is currently available for free download:

http://www.biodiversity.ph/resources/

1371702719_redlist2.thumb.png.d615b2488395aab93ef994ee171fcc70.png

It's 58.5 MB, 116 pages, and has photos, drawings, and descriptions of threatened birds, crocs, lizards, deer, rodents, bats, turtles, frogs, wild pigs, dwarf buffalo, and bearcats, etc!

Well worth getting if you're interested in that kind of thing. Did I mention it's free?

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 5
Ozepete

A good reason for wiping out then banning feral pets specially cats.  Sadly the most prolific critters in all of the Oz outback are cats and rabbits, Both introduced menaces. Feral cats as a result of domestic cats 'gone bush'  At least they made good target practice although hard to kill the rotten bastards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
cookie47

I'm not sure if it's "me" but i have noticed an increase in bird Life in my area. We live "at the back" of Consolacion (not national highway) on the border of Liloan.
There is a constant Twitter of birds and at this moment im sitting outside with my 1st morning coffee listening.
One bird has a red breast somewhat like an English Robin.but much larger in statue.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 2
BossHog
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

One bird has a red breast somewhat like an English Robin.but much larger in statue.

Perhaps a Red-keeled Flowerpecker...?

images.jpg.5e093ea9937eaccb88479a0198106823.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 1
cookie47
4 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Perhaps a Red-keeled Flowerpecker...?

images.jpg.5e093ea9937eaccb88479a0198106823.jpg

Could be,,, Very close ,but much more red around the throat rather than a streak.

• Like 1
cookie47
20 hours ago, Ozepete said:

rabbits

Bloody British, Stuff up anything.haa

Seriously when I arrived in Australia I took to shooting,( rabbits /Foxes/wild pig like a duck to water. (Why I don't Know)

Maybe I guess it was because of the proliferation of .22 rifles (and bigger ) that were everywhere ( sadly not so much today ).The fact that I came from a big City (London) that has stricked gun laws, and were enforced.?  was probably the driving force. 

Hope not off topic 😃

Edited by cookie47
Addition