Health Care in the Philippines

cookie47

A good friend of mine used to say.

If your worried about dying or getting sick ,buy a house next door to the hospital..

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Haha 2
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kabisay-an gid

• Salty Dog

• Jester

• Dutch

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody moves to the PI for the medical care. They go for the women. Period. End of story.

Arriving in an ambulance only to be parked outside while having a heart attack, after 8 hours they discover the patient is dead. GF ending up at chong hua because of a kidney infection, only for

Stay away from Dumaguete if you plan on staying alive. After so called care there by an urologist I arrived in the U.S. where I looked so bad even my best friend didn't recognize me when trying to pic

Posted Images

smokey
17 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

I was in Perpetual Succor where Philhealth and senior discount amounted to 50% and an additional discount was another 15%.

Well maybe its who u know my stay in choa. And cebu doc not bad but 2000 us a day ha ha ha

streak03

Yes, I was interested in the Tricare part.  I do have tricare, but havent used it here in PH yet.

Kabisay-an gid
On 10/21/2020 at 9:06 PM, govoner said:

A couple more ancedotal stories..Anyway Its good to see the rich and famous patronising the hospital,it cannot be too bad. On a side note they have lost their Accreditation again but i never realised they got it back after losing it a few years ago… 

As I stated previously, a few anecdotal accounts are meaningless. I can use anecdotal stories to make any country in the world seem bad.

Chong Hua lost its international accreditation the first time a few years back, because a single surgeon badly botched an operation. Personally, I'm not one to throw out the baby with the bathwater, so I don't blame the hospital for the actions of a single individual.

lamoe
On 10/21/2020 at 2:07 PM, Kabisay-an gid said:

Nobody disputes that Philippine medical care is not on par with Western countries, but good medical care can be had in Metro Manila, Cebu City and Davao City.

Not on par is not the problem - it's the general disdain the medical profession has for the people.

Showing up at 8 am to be first in line for a doctor that shows up at 1 or 2 is the norm here.

Talked to receptionist after the first time. We call day ahead, get put on waiting list for carryover, then get a call when Dr. sees patient just ahead of us.  Can walk in 10 minutes to her office. Drive in 12.

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Enough already. Some are happy with health care in the Philippines and some aren't.

We've had enough anecdotal accounts from Google. Everyone is capable of using Google. However, If you want to post you’re own experiences, than have it it. By the way, there is no use in telling someone their experiences are wrong. Afterall its their experience. 

This thread isn't about healthcare in other countries. Does every thread about the Philippines have to turn into a, "but in the USA or my country" discussion. Please no more such post in this thread. 

• Haha 1
Kabisay-an gid
On 10/21/2020 at 12:33 AM, Salty Dog said:

Maybe for some, but if I had that $95,459 hospital bill here in the USA, I wouldn't have to pay a single penny for it. My Medicare would pay it's portion and my TRICARE For Life would pay the remaining.

20 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

This thread isn't about healthcare in other countries. Does every thread about the Philippines have to turn into a, "but in the USA or my country" discussion.

😂🤣

I never told anybody their experiences were "wrong". I don't doubt the "horror" stories about Philippines health care told in this thread are pretty much accurate.

My point was that they don't prove that good health care can't be had in the Philippines.

Because my wife and several expats I know personally have all gotten good health care in the Philippines. A Leyte hospital made a correct diagnosis of a previously undiscovered heart problem my wife has. My wife's US hospital later confirmed that the Leyte diagnosis was spot on.

lamoe

Good healthcare is available in even the poorest of countries, depending on what the ailment is, can find a competent doctor / facility  AND if you have money.

My three experiences (2 me, 1 Tata) were adequate in that the care received met our needs.  However none were life threatening and easily addressed. Although, as was stated, the administration procedures were a nightmare.