Departing requirements for resident (13a) Aliens from Cebu Mactan international Airport

Hello guy's

It's abit frustrating to deal with all the inconsistencies one receives when attempting to leave the country.

I have had a variety of inconsistent information regarding leaving the country so would anyone care to share any precise information as to the exact requirements in order to leave the country.

some background information about me. I am a permanent 13a visa holder residing in lapu-lapu city.

Flying from Mactan Doha Manchester UK.

I was told by the airport and my airlines qatar that i only needed a rt-pcr test which should be negative in order to fly.

now i have had some information from the lgu in lapu lapu city that i need to deal with additional requirements does anyone have any ideas about this ?

Message from lapu lapu city.

I mean all this even though i need to do rt pcr.

oh, sorry sir, my mistake. I thought you're not in Lapu-Lapu City.

Please follow the steps below and kindly visit a private medical before proceeding cityhealth medical.

1. get a quarantine certificate in your barangay

2. visit a private medical for your test as a covid free

3. kindly visit cityhealth for your medical certificate and please inform for international flight

4. once you have all the said requirements please visit city mayor's office to get an availability to travel

5. and proceed to the pnp for you travel authority.

Edited by aiden9991
to_dave007
25 minutes ago, aiden9991 said:

3. kindly visit cityhealth for your medical certificate and please inform for international flight

4. once you have all the said requirements please visit city mayor's office to get an availability to travel

Pretty standard requirements from most municipalities..  my German friend (living in Tabuelan) needed to do the same to travel Mactan to Manila.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, to_dave007 said:

Pretty standard requirements from most municipalities..  my German friend (living in Tabuelan) needed to do the same to travel Mactan to Manila.

Yes but I'm living in Mactan Island.

Not flying to Manila.

to_dave007
1 minute ago, aiden9991 said:

Yes but I'm living in Mactan Island.

Not flying to Manila.

The documents were not hard to get.  I suggest you follow their instructions.

• Confused 1
cookie47

Yeh,And once you have spent hours and sh.. t loads of money to comply with all of the above you get an email a couple of hours before you fly to say your flight has been cancelled, this probably making some of the requirements invalid /expired....Nice.....

More fun getting OUT of the Philippines.

to_dave007
26 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Yeh,And once you have spent hours and sh.. t loads of money to comply with all of the above you get an email a couple of hours before you fly to say your flight has been cancelled, this probably making some of the requirements invalid /expired....Nice.....

Correct.. It's a risk you take. And we are all forewarned, so that it's not a surprise.

cookie47

DAV.. Nothing surprises me anymore .

However

Just a thought,

Are those requirements from Aiden any different for a 13a "resident"(as he is) than a "tourist visa" (Like I am now).?Just wondering because if that's going to be the future outbound/departure requirements I can't see anybody coming here... Particularly Tourist.(if they keep those rules implemented)... Skyman will give us a heads-up,,, ,but things change I guess.

• Like 1
to_dave007
4 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Are those requirements from Aiden any different for a 13a "resident"(as he is) than a "tourist visa" (Like I am now).?

I don't think there is any difference..  For that matter I think same requirements apply to Pinoy who want to make same trip.  I THINK this is what an LSI is..  a Locally Stranded Individual who has a need to travel from place X to place Y.  This seems to have evolved to be a standard set of documents required to travel out of the province from  whatever Municipality you are in...  whatever municipality that is.  But I'm just guessing.

cookie47

Yes,,,but Aiden "only" wants to "leave". And I wouldn't describe him as an LSI,,, (acronyms this place runs on acronyms).He's just someone who wants to leave .it's not rocket science ,,,Well it shouldn't be...

I can understand and agree that it's necessary that a negative Covide test is needed (either for PH or the arriving country) either at the airport/port... OR a period of time before the travel date. I mean looking at that list as I have many times the Only thing missing is an audience with the Queen. And bearing in mind that as a senior myself am I/or when am i going to be allowed to wander around the said offices locations mentioned unimpeded with the added risk of catching the darned virus.

Nah,,

It smacks of give an LGU or whatever/whoever,,, a bit of power syndrome to me ,or went to the "let's make this complicated committee."

Sorry,,, maybe my thinking is flawed after being locked up for 7 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan
12 hours ago, aiden9991 said:

The wife and I did all that mess before leaving 1 Sep and no one asked for any of it.  I think those steps were developed for people trying to travel to the airport under ECQ so you needed a pnp pass. You should have no problem getting to the airport. It has nothing to do with flying out int'l. Maybe it matters for domestic. 

As for the test required by Qatar (country) I believe it must taken within 96 hours of boarding and can only be from certain labs. But I avoided the test by switching airlines. 

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
jaybee747
14 hours ago, aiden9991 said:

Hello guy's

It's abit frustrating to deal with all the inconsistencies one receives when attempting to leave the country.

I have had a variety of inconsistent information regarding leaving the country so would anyone care to share any precise information as to the exact requirements in order to leave the country.

some background information about me. I am a permanent 13a visa holder residing in lapu-lapu city.

Flying from Mactan Doha Manchester UK.

I was told by the airport and my airlines qatar that i only needed a rt-pcr test which should be negative in order to fly.

now i have had some information from the lgu in lapu lapu city that i need to deal with additional requirements does anyone have any ideas about this ?

Message from lapu lapu city.

I mean all this even though i need to do rt pcr.

oh, sorry sir, my mistake. I thought you're not in Lapu-Lapu City.

Please follow the steps below and kindly visit a private medical before proceeding cityhealth medical.

Just flew from Mactan last week, the only requirement was negative swab test, the documents you mentioned are for domestic travel only.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jaybee747 said:

Just flew from Mactan last week, the only requirement was negative swab test, the documents you mentioned are for domestic travel only.

Thats a relief matey.

Where did you fly to if you don't mind my asking.

I am sure the lgu are totally wrong on this one.

I am flying directly out of Mactan and i live in mactan too.so I'm sure there's no one checking.

Are you a resident in Lapu lapu city?

Edited by aiden9991
  • Like 1
jaybee747
2 hours ago, aiden9991 said:

Thats a relief matey.

Where did you fly to if you don't mind my asking.

I am sure the lgu are totally wrong on this one.

I am flying directly out of Mactan and i live in mactan too.so I'm sure there's no one checking.

Are you a resident in Lapu lapu city?

I am living in Cebu City and was flying from Mactan to Taipei. They only checked my flight info at the airport entrance and swab test results at check in. At immigration they claim that something is wrong with my papers but they quickly let me go, even did not bother to charge me a fee that I was told I am supposed to pay at the airport. I don't think that at this point they are going to hold any foreigner that is about to exit the country... 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
ellenbrook2001

thanks but as today what are the protocol to fly out of CEBU  TO AUSTRALIA  what the hassle  specialty at the airport and customs ,a know all the requirements  to board the plane ,cathay pacific has numerous  flight but did read many are canceled so what the reality on the matter please many thanks

Soupeod
1 hour ago, ellenbrook2001 said:

thanks but as today what are the protocol to fly out of CEBU  TO AUSTRALIA  what the hassle  specialty at the airport and customs ,a know all the requirements  to board the plane ,cathay pacific has numerous  flight but did read many are canceled so what the reality on the matter please many thanks

I would imagine similar to this discussion: