Why do some stay, while others return to their home country

Davaoeno
On 10/20/2020 at 12:34 PM, smokey said:

How many guys itching to live here are bringing their wife and how many are coming here for a wife or gf.   Some foreigner starts talking to me at ribshack in seaside and we are talking about this very subject.   He says he dont mind the restrictions at all.   Food is great.  Roads first class. Bi just a minor blimp.  LTO HIS BIKE JUST A LONG DAY BUT EXCITING.  MEDICAL.  SURE HE SAYS I AM 71 but world top doctors in philippines ..  i never seen a guy so excited to be here .. food comes oh beef kabob  good.  My eyes hit high alert a pretty tall well built under 25 year old comes over with a few shopping bags gives him a kiss and sits down glued to her mans hip.     Ohhhhhhhhh.  Side note she hands him some bills red colored and say sorry love my things cost more then i expected.  His reply anything for you dear

Can you find out if she has a sister for me  Robert?? 😊

• Haha 2
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• to_dave007

• Salty Dog

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many guys itching to live here are bringing their wife and how many are coming here for a wife or gf.   Some foreigner starts talking to me at ribshack in seaside and we are talking about this ver

15 years ago I lived in Cebu, the thought of living there permanently was on my mind.  Decided I like Wal Mart, Home Depot, car parts stores, rational traffic laws, the list goes on.   Married and liv

smokey
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Can you find out if she has a sister for me  Robert?? 😊

Shee tho only one in here with more x wives then me is possibly U

• Haha 2
  • 8 months later...
InternetTough

One thing about Canada is that once a year, they cover it in snow to kill all the centipedes.

• Like 2
SkyMan
4 hours ago, InternetTough said:

One thing about Canada is that once a year, they cover it in snow to kill all the centipedes.

Unfortunately it doesn't snow in Parliament. 

• Haha 2
to_dave007
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Unfortunately it doesn't snow in Parliament. 

Are you kidding me?  Every day brings a new snow job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
liquido
1 hour ago, Jester said:

Next week I go for a total hip replacement,  no way would I do that there.

Wise choice sir...

• Like 2
cvgtpc1
11 hours ago, Jester said:

15 years ago I lived in Cebu, the thought of living there permanently was on my mind.  Decided I like Wal Mart, Home Depot, car parts stores, rational traffic laws, the list goes on.   Married and live in the US with my wife now,  the intention was to live in the US until I was incapable of taking care of myself and then moving to P's.

Over the years I noticed that 5 years seems to be the turning point for most people, they either stay or leave around that time.  Does not mean the P's are a bad place, just not for them or me.

Then the eye opener,  I had a mini stroke, no lasting effects.  If something serious happened in the P's outside of Cebu, there is no medical care, no ambulance, no rescue squad.  I have no issue with dying but having a serious medical issue and ending up a vegetable or cripple is not on my list of things I want to do!   Not knocking care in the Philippines, just the reality of the way it is. 

I've been seriously considering not eventually living there again for that exact reason.

• Like 2
smokey

Me hummmm freedom .nice roads cheaper prices for everything but labor gas under 5.00 a gallon  milk ... .electric..... cars... parking ...  electronics...... almost everything

Edited by smokey
  • Haha 1
Soupeod
On 7/20/2021 at 6:22 AM, smokey said:

Me hummmm freedom .nice roads cheaper prices for everything but labor gas under 5.00 a gallon  milk ... .electric..... cars... parking ...  electronics...... almost everything

Excessive heat 120+F, no water, over crowded, Mexican cartel, drug land, killings, freedom to drive around in the desert, what else.. Oh AF base you can shop at now. And your wife told you, you are moving! 😂

• Haha 1
Chris24
On 7/19/2021 at 3:30 AM, Jester said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Like 3