Why do some stay, while others return to their home country

Juat a question please, Why so many on this site want to return to their home country for, maybe they in for a big surprise when they return home.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• to_dave007

• Salty Dog

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many guys itching to live here are bringing their wife and how many are coming here for a wife or gf.   Some foreigner starts talking to me at ribshack in seaside and we are talking about this ver

15 years ago I lived in Cebu, the thought of living there permanently was on my mind.  Decided I like Wal Mart, Home Depot, car parts stores, rational traffic laws, the list goes on.   Married and liv

SkyMan
13 minutes ago, baby43 said:

Juat a question please, Why so many on this site want to return to their home country for, maybe they in for a big surprise when they return home.

Been in the US for a month and a half now and through a good bit of the country.  Some areas are more strict on mask wearing than others but no one has taken my temperature or asked me how old I was. Only once did I have to wait a bit outside a store for someone to leave. We are traveling around having fun and not locked up in our house. There are some that we would normally visit with who have declined and we have no problem with that. Didn't really want to go to California anyway. 

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, baby43 said:

For me to visit daughter / grandson / aunt and yearly check under hood.

• Like 2
HeyMike

I was in my country, America, when the virus and shutdowns began. All I wanted to do was get back to Cebu as soon as I could. My first flight in March was canceled, so I re-booked to get back in August. This too was canceled. 

Then I started reading about all the insane things going on with the handling of the virus in Cebu and am now glad I am here and not there. Besides that, the Philippines makes it near impossible for me to get back there with all the testing, hotel quarantines, paperwork for visas, etc., that I am happy to remain in New Jersey (don't laugh). The only thing that the virus has changed for me here is that I have to wear a mask when I go in a store. That's it. 

When the insanity lightens up a little, and they bring back the balikbayan privilege, I hope to be back in the Philippines. 

• Like 6
RogerDuMond
16 hours ago, baby43 said:

Juat a question please, Why so many on this site want to return to their home country for,

No idea, I have no desire to ever go back.

• Like 2
liquido

Life can be good in the RP if your healthy but God forbid if you did get the Covid.Im thinking most of us if had the choice would rather be in our home country for medical care..There's a reason why the rich natives in the RP leave the country to take care of there medical needs...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I bailed in April, the biggest thing for me was the over 60s not being allowed out, i could see that lasting forever .Plus life is pretty good in NZ right now. no masks,no restrictions ,carry on as normal.

• Like 7
23 hours ago, baby43 said:

Because we’re foreigners (mostly), we naturally have ties to other countries. Some, like me, are happy to be here and stay here. Others have “things to do” elsewhere or have their permanent homes elsewhere. In most cases, I suspect, It’s not a question of wanting to leave the Philippines because It’s better in the home country (although that is possible for some). I know one person (not on LinC) who deliberately left his home country because he decided he’d be better off here. He came in March and just got in before the full restrictions hit. 
If you read around all the related threads, there are just as many who were stuck outside the Philippines and would like to be back. 
If I left now, I would not be able to return until foreigner restrictions are lifted - and this is where my retirement home is. 

• Like 2
Jess Bartone
7 hours ago, HeyMike said:

When the insanity lightens up a little, and they bring back the balikbayan privilege, I hope to be back in the Philippines. 

I am counting the days and it seems like an eternity.

• Like 2
to_dave007

I'm ok here.  Not in any rush to get back o Canada.  The reasons that brought me here haven't changed.  And the challenges orthers write about..  well..  they haven't been much of an issue for me.   In fact, I feel great, and I'm losing weight, which I've been unable to do for years.

• Like 2
RogerDuMond
5 hours ago, govoner said:

the biggest thing for me was the over 60s not being allowed out, i could see that lasting forever

Seniors can go out for work, and any necessary functions like doctor appointment, groceries, medicines. I have adhered to the lockdown even though with our farm being part of the food chain, I am exempted from the lockdown.

• Like 2
TequilaSunset

I can't wait to leave kalifornia and make permanent my stay in the Philippines

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
2 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

I can't wait to leave kalifornia

Daaaaa… :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Kabisay-an gid
6 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

I can't wait to leave kalifornia and make permanent my stay in the Philippines

You can NEVER leave the HELLHOLE California! 🤣

"Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax", said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

• Like 6
Soupeod
On 10/18/2020 at 8:27 AM, baby43 said:

I have no plans to go back.