Paying a Globe CP Account by Foreign Credit Card

I bought a postpaid phone from Globe in 2018 while I was in Manila dealing with my SRRV. I bought it at their store in Mall of Asia. I also set up paying the monthly bill automatically using my Canadian credit card. All good. 

Fast forward 2 and a bit years. The credit card is closing in on its expiry date. A replacement card arrives (see the FedEx thread) and I “activate” it. Now I need to update the card details with Globe before they try to bill on the now invalid old card. Note, the only changes are validity dates and CVV.

Go to my account online - nope.

Go to Globe One app - nope.

Call Globe - nope. “Go to store sir”. 

Go to Masbate City Globe store - nope. “Go to Full Service Store, sir. Nearest is Legazpi”.

Well obviously I am not going to get tested, get documentation and risk quarantine for a day trip off island to Legazpi (plus I’m over 60) just so Globe can bill me without a problem. 

Called my Canadian bank. “This is probably going to happen, thought you should know”. “Good luck” they said. 

If a Globe customer is paying by local credit card, Autopay is managed by the customer’s bank (BDO, Metrobank etc). But only Full Service Globe Stores appear to be able to manage foreign bank credit cards...

Just thought you should know 😀

• Thanks 1
Goetz1965

Yeah theres 2 franchises of Globe Stores. THe one in SM can handle ALL business and those in Robinson and Ayala can do only limited business. 
Yeah, some managers are plain stupid but get paid for that....

Only the SM Stores can change the card, but in the long run I deleted my creditcard as the extra costs my bank added wade the bills too high. I just pay with Gcash now, thats pretty convenient.

I don’t expect to have any trouble paying the bill with cash (we have other prepaid Globe loads that we pay locally). 

I wasn’t greatly keen on GCash when I looked at it a while back. Maybe I’ll have another look. 

• Like 1

GCash is actually pretty good.  I use it to pay PLDT, our sorry ass electric company Ceneco, and Sky Cable.  Only downside is I have to actually go over to the machine at the Shell station to load the account, but thats really not all that much of a pain, if the machine is working lol.

13 hours ago, Paddy said:

I don’t expect to have any trouble paying the bill with cash (we have other prepaid Globe loads that we pay locally). 

I wasn’t greatly keen on GCash when I looked at it a while back. Maybe I’ll have another look. 

Paddy I am in a remote area and I can use either Cebuana LHullier, cost is 5 pesos or some of Mom & Pop Pharmacies take payments also using Gcash or some have what's called payala (forgot the name) but they take your cash and with your bill pay it and you get a confirmation print out with your account number and reference number.

I had to use Gcash again this month for my Electrical billing, Gcash application takes your billing amount and reference number and with exact amount you can pay your bill, but make sure to have a load on your phone so you can access but a couple times I didn't have a load on my phone but set it up for payment and the grocery store loaded my phone with my phone number and when I got home I put in the reference number, account number and amount and paid, you leave your email address and you get the confirmation. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Paddy said:

I bought a postpaid phone from Globe in 2018 while I was in Manila dealing with my SRRV. I bought it at their store in Mall of Asia. I also set up paying the monthly bill automatically using my Canadian credit card. All good. 

Fast forward 2 and a bit years. The credit card is closing in on its expiry date. A replacement card arrives (see the FedEx thread) and I “activate” it. Now I need to update the card details with Globe before they try to bill on the now invalid old card. Note, the only changes are validity dates and CVV.

Go to my account online - nope.

Go to Globe One app - nope.

Call Globe - nope. “Go to store sir”. 

Go to Masbate City Globe store - nope. “Go to Full Service Store, sir. Nearest is Legazpi”.

Well obviously I am not going to get tested, get documentation and risk quarantine for a day trip off island to Legazpi (plus I’m over 60) just so Globe can bill me without a problem. 

Called my Canadian bank. “This is probably going to happen, thought you should know”. “Good luck” they said. 

If a Globe customer is paying by local credit card, Autopay is managed by the customer’s bank (BDO, Metrobank etc). But only Full Service Globe Stores appear to be able to manage foreign bank credit cards...

Just thought you should know 😀

I always pay my globe bill with my foreign credit card with this link - https://www.globe.com.ph/paybill.html

10 hours ago, jaybee747 said:

I always pay my globe bill with my foreign credit card with this link - https://www.globe.com.ph/paybill.html

Thank you @jaybee747  A while back I was trying to buy prepaid Globe at Home load using my cc - but the Pay by Credit Card link never worked! Perhaps they’ve fixed things with their “new” Pay Bill. 

It was nice just getting the bill and cc receipt automatically. 

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Thank you @jaybee747  A while back I was trying to buy prepaid Globe at Home load using my cc - but the Pay by Credit Card link never worked! Perhaps they’ve fixed things with their “new” Pay Bill. 

It was nice just getting the bill and cc receipt automatically. 

Another option is to to use the "Globe at Home" app in your phone, you can see the bills and pay by credit card there.

Getting very pissed off with Globe. The keep sending me reminders long after bills have been paid. I also still receive  bill for an account I never had in the first place. I actually paid it once by mistake. 

Its ok to ignore this stuff but they WILL cut you off if you don't contact them and tell them they have a mistake. :idontknow:

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
13 hours ago, hyaku said:

Getting very pissed off with Globe...

You’re in a long line of like minded Globe user. I never got the impression they give a shit about customer service, or customers for that matter… 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

You’re in a long line of like minded Globe user. I never got the impression they give a shit about customer service, or customers for that matter… 

I’m not convinced they care that much about service delivery or technical excellence either!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

For sure Salty Dog I agree with you 100%.   Globe was the only show in town when I first arrived and it worked out pretty good for 3 years and then after that wow they stopped service in our, there were so many excuses but they just didn't provide the service, but kept telling me they can fix my wireless connection (antenna on the roof, unit inside), I was played for 6 months before I ended that service and like others have mentioned the billing is horribly off.  

Because of the billing issues I overpaid and so I turned in all my equipment that I think you pay for anyway :scratch_head: and I had to travel to a different city the one I initially signed up with Globe in order to put in for a refund, we had a newly opened Globe office near but they wouldn't do it so...  I was set up with a refund check but had to wait for a message to pick it up and go back to this city about an hour drive, I asked the representative if they could just send me the check, wow she gave an upsetting look and said "No" so forget it, I never bothered to go back my cell phone wasn't working at the time anyway and I mentioned that to the rep and to add insult to injury they came back looking for their internet equipment two months later ,but I had the property receipt for the other things I turned in so they took the antenna mounted on the roof, Globe rep needed me to make a copy of my property receipt, so since they keep such poor records I still have this property receipt.

11 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I’m not convinced they care that much about service delivery or technical excellence either!

What I didn't realize at first is that a lot of the Globe shop are not actually Globe. They are just agents. If you have problem they will call the Globe hotline like everybody else. But you need to go and get a work ticket number for a tech to come out. You need to do it from home to solve many of the problems like connections.  

13 minutes ago, hyaku said:

What I didn't realize at first is that a lot of the Globe shop are not actually Globe. They are just agents. If you have problem they will call the Globe hotline like everybody else. But you need to go and get a work ticket number for a tech to come out. You need to do it from home to solve many of the problems like connections.  

If an agent working at a Globe shop claims they are just an agent so then what does that tell me...  They aren't empowered to handle the situation they are only robots and because of that refuse to accept responsibility for the company that they work for, what a thankless job if true.

57 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

If an agent working at a Globe shop claims they are just an agent so then what does that tell me...  They aren't empowered to handle the situation they are only robots and because of that refuse to accept responsibility for the company that they work for, what a thankless job if true.

So WHAT are you supposed TO DO?

Ask for the BOSS and get him sort the problem out!

Frontliners only follow regulations they are told. They are not empowered, so I am never angry on a frontliner.
I ALWAYS GO FOR THE BOSS - and if the boss gives me a can't do.... answer, my reply is always I'm NOT interested in what you cannot do....!