Light Fixtures that I can screw a light bulb into

to_dave007

to_dave007
27 minutes ago, KID said:

will even glow dim after the switch is shut off. 

Is that in USA or here in PI?. I have the same issue with some of these new bulb less fixtures I just bought.. makes me wonder if somehow they still consume energy after lights or turned off.. Don't know how they could.. but they stay dim all through the night.

KID
52 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Is that in USA or here in PI?. I have the same issue with some of these new bulb less fixtures I just bought.. makes me wonder if somehow they still consume energy after lights or turned off.. Don't know how they could.. but they stay dim all through the night.

in the US, Daughter says the house is haunted :ROFLMAO:

to_dave007
1 hour ago, KID said:

in the US, Daughter says the house is haunted :ROFLMAO:

Mystery solved..  this is a decent answer to WHY some of the LED ligts stay on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
KID

Well i guess I can tell my daughter to halt the spirit banning ritual and the sage burns :idontknow:

Edited by KID
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
HongKongPhooey
13 hours ago, KID said:

Well i guess I can tell my daughter to halt the spirit banning ritual and the sage burns :idontknow:

Nah, have fun with it. It’s obvious to me that there is a small white dwarf living in your lightbulb. Tell her to stop burning sage and get that dwarf a cold San Mig, it’s hot in there.

Edited by HongKongPhooey
cvgtpc1
On 10/11/2020 at 6:33 PM, to_dave007 said:

I have several new light fixtures that I wanted to install and a couple of old ones I want to replace, and I discover that a LOT of the light fixtures available in Cebu Home Builders, Ace, and a store I checked in Bogo, do NOT have sockets for screwing in a light bulb any more.  Instead, they have a built in LED strip.  This means that when the LED strip goes..  I need to replace the entire damn fixture instead of just a bulb, and I don't want to replace the whole fixture.

Just checked one couple days ago at CBH..  and it's got a LIFE of 2 years.. then you nee to replace the fixture.

I bought one fixture about 1 year ago.. i THINK it was Akari.. that took 3 small LED bulbs.. and I want to buy more just like it.  but nowhere to be found.

Is it possible to rig a quick disconnect for the entire fixture so you're not having to undo wire wraps and such when replacing?  Still a PIA but maybe makes it easier at least.

to_dave007
5 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Is it possible to rig a quick disconnect for the entire fixture so you're not having to undo wire wraps and such when replacing? 

there is a quick disconnect cable.. on some types (but not all) that can be disconnected.  Though I watched as one of the guys at Cebu Home Builder tried to get the connectors "connected" for one customer and he was having tough time.

I bought one type of fixture.. there are many types. ad the fixture came in two parts.. the base and the cover. with other parts inside.  Inside there is non standard parts that can be replaced.. if you could buy them..  but there's nowhere to buy them.. unless you buy an entirely new fixture the same as the one you installed..  and take out the "lamp" to replace one that's blown.  But that means you have to expect that in 2 years (at published end of life for the fixture) you can still get the exact same fixture.. with parts that are still interchangeable.  And if not..  the quick disconnect cable doesn't help..  as you need to remove the non-functioning fixture from the ceiling and install a new (and different) fixture..  with no guarantee that it will accept the same quick disconnect cable.

Edited by to_dave007