Forum Going Offline

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog

In case you didn't see the Announcement.

How many ways do we need to say this: No political threads or post on the open forum, other than Philippine Politics.

Since it seems nothing we have tried seems to work. At 12 AM on October 8th the forum will be taken down for an unspecified amount of time.

Once the forum comes back online, there will be a "zero-tolerance" policy for posting political posts that will include immediate banning for everyone who does so in the future. To reiterate, this does not apply to Philippine Politics which are still allowed.

Definitions of Politics (Not All Inclusive)

• Relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
  • Relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics.
  • Activities of governments concerning the political relations between countries.

• Like 1
Headshot

Perfect.

• Thanks 1
SkyMan

Where is the trigger point though?  I can see someone posting an article regarding a cooperative agreement between the scandinavian countries.  Technically that would violate the rules but would not likely be volatile.

One might even argue that posting about how to vote in another (non-RP) country's election would be a violation.

Edited by SkyMan
Chris24

Bravo.  I'm categorically uninterested in politics, yet recall that at least one of my posts recently had to be edited by mods to remove political content.  It's going to be really hard to draw the line, for example a post on the tax ramifications from one party or the other.  As for me I plan to stay (happily) way clear of that sort of thing.  

• Like 3
Daddle

... immediate banning for everyone who does so in the future. To reiterate, this does not apply to Philippine Politics which are still allowed.

Definitions of Politics (Not All Inclusive)

Relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
Relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics.
Activities of governments concerning the political relations between countries.

Rather vague definition vs. the harsh punishment.  We know it when we read it, but you probably cannot define it. For example the thread discussing the government policies and public affairs related to the 9(A) visa.

I think the old way was working well enough. 100% purity is impossible. 

(Uh oh ... is this post discussing the LIC politics?)

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Management of the forum isn't open for discussion:

On 1/10/2018 at 1:17 AM, Member #1 said:

Forum Members - Please leave moderating to the staff....... If you have an issue with the forum or how the forum is being managed, contact one of the staff via a PM. Do not post your issues on the forum. Doing so will result in a warning with a suspension or banning.

But since you're a paying member, I'll try to answer you... :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Daddle said:

Rather vague definition...

Hence

On 10/7/2020 at 2:25 AM, Salty Dog said:

(Not All Inclusive)

1 hour ago, Daddle said:

For example the thread discussing the government policies and public affairs related to the 9(A) visa.

This is about the Philippines. Even if it were considered politics, which I wouldn't, it's still allowed.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:25 AM, Salty Dog said:

To reiterate, this does not apply to Philippine Politics which are still allowed.

1 hour ago, Daddle said:

I think the old way was working well enough.

If it had been, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Besides, you've been a member for 2 years and havn't received a single warning. That makes you almost a model member... :thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, Daddle said:

(Uh oh ... is this post discussing the LIC politics?)

:smartass: