Duterte claims he never killed anyone

softail

softail

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, October 6) – President Rodrigo Duterte claimed that he never killed anyone, contradicting previous statements where he said he killed some individuals during his term as Davao City mayor.

"Wala ho akong pinatay na tao (I did not kill anyone). Never, never. Magtanong ka sa pulis dito sa Pilipinas (Just ask the police here in the Philippines)," said Duterte during the weekly Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases meeting on Monday.

The President made the remark after saying that he would "see to it that the rule of law against a person is followed" in investigating Health Secretary Francisco Duque III amid calls for his resignation.

Duterte added in his speech that he has never ordered anyone to kill.

"If I do, I just keep it in my mind because I know that whether I like it or not, there is a war going on. I cannot stop the killing of criminals and the killing of my soldiers and policemen," Duterte explained.

In December 2016, Duterte admitted in front of business leaders at the Wallace Business Forum he killed suspected criminals when he was still mayor of Davao City.

"In Davao, I used to do it personally. I go around Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around and I would just patrol the streets and looking for trouble also. I was really looking for an encounter so I could kill," he said.

Duterte also claimed on November 2017 he killed a teenager, which served as a threat against those who are involved in illegal drugs.

"At the age of 16, may pinatay na ako eh. Tao talaga. Rumble. Saksak. Noon 16 years old 'yun. Nagkatinginan lang. Eh lalo na ngayon Presidente ako," the President said in front of the Filipino community in Da Nang, Vietnam.

[Translation: At the age of 16, I had already killed someone. A person. It was a rumble. I stabbed him. We just looked at each other. What more now that I'm President.]

Duterte made the same claim of killing people on July 2019 since he felt that was what former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo wanted.

"You might want to know that even when I was mayor and for the years that President Arroyo was there, I was really working for her. Of course, wala akong pinatay na tao na utos niya. Pinatay ko na lang kasi feeling ko gusto niya (Of course I didn't kill under her direct orders. I just killed because I felt that is what she wanted me to do.)," he said.

The incumbent President has been accused of being behind the "Davao Death Squad" a shadowy vigilante squad that human rights groups blame for the extrajudicial deaths of some 1,000 crime suspects in Davao City since the 1990s.

The United Nations Office of the Human Rights Commissioner earlier asked for an investigation on Duterte's claims of killing innocent people.

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/10/6/Duterte-claims-he-never-killed-anyone.html

Swissrider
19 hours ago, softail said:
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, October 6) – President Rodrigo Duterte claimed that he never killed anyone, contradicting previous statements where he said he killed some individuals during his term as Davao City mayor.
"Wala ho akong pinatay na tao (I did not kill anyone). Never, never. Magtanong ka sa pulis dito sa Pilipinas (Just ask the police here in the Philippines)," said Duterte during the weekly Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases meeting on Monday.
The President made the remark after saying that he would "see to it that the rule of law against a person is followed" in investigating Health Secretary Francisco Duque III amid calls for his resignation.
Duterte added in his speech that he has never ordered anyone to kill.
"If I do, I just keep it in my mind because I know that whether I like it or not, there is a war going on. I cannot stop the killing of criminals and the killing of my soldiers and policemen," Duterte explained.
In December 2016, Duterte admitted in front of business leaders at the Wallace Business Forum he killed suspected criminals when he was still mayor of Davao City.
"In Davao, I used to do it personally. I go around Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around and I would just patrol the streets and looking for trouble also. I was really looking for an encounter so I could kill," he said.
Duterte also claimed on November 2017 he killed a teenager, which served as a threat against those who are involved in illegal drugs.
"At the age of 16, may pinatay na ako eh. Tao talaga. Rumble. Saksak. Noon 16 years old 'yun. Nagkatinginan lang. Eh lalo na ngayon Presidente ako," the President said in front of the Filipino community in Da Nang, Vietnam.
[Translation: At the age of 16, I had already killed someone. A person. It was a rumble. I stabbed him. We just looked at each other. What more now that I'm President.]
Duterte made the same claim of killing people on July 2019 since he felt that was what former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo wanted.
"You might want to know that even when I was mayor and for the years that President Arroyo was there, I was really working for her. Of course, wala akong pinatay na tao na utos niya. Pinatay ko na lang kasi feeling ko gusto niya (Of course I didn't kill under her direct orders. I just killed because I felt that is what she wanted me to do.)," he said.
The incumbent President has been accused of being behind the "Davao Death Squad" a shadowy vigilante squad that human rights groups blame for the extrajudicial deaths of some 1,000 crime suspects in Davao City since the 1990s.
The United Nations Office of the Human Rights Commissioner earlier asked for an investigation on Duterte's claims of killing innocent people.
https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/10/6/Duterte-claims-he-never-killed-anyone.html

Well, this is article is from CNN, Philippines. Not really a friend of our President. Fact is Duterte did a good job in his hometown Davao and he made it a very safe city as well. We should stop looking at him or the Philippines with our western view of things. 

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

This thread is about Duterte.

Please keep other countries politics out of this thread.

No need for the usual, "but in _________, it's this way or that way".

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
to_dave007

@Salty Dog I saw your note about the forum going of line for a while for political posts.. I thought perhaps you were referring to this thread.. Living.. as I do.. in the Philippines..  I would also have a zero tolerance policy to name calling to any politico here.   IMHO just NOT OK to do it here in PI.  Period !!.

People are allowed their private thoughts.  But if you will express them publicly.. which this forum is..  you have to be much more careful what you say and how you say it.  And for anyone who thinks the First Amendment will protect them.. not here.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
57 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

@Salty Dog I saw your note about the forum going of line for a while for political posts.. I thought perhaps you were referring to this thread.. Living.. as I do.. in the Philippines..  I would also have a zero tolerance policy to name calling to any politico here.   IMHO just NOT OK to do it here in PI.  Period !!.

People are allowed their private thoughts.  But if you will express them publicly.. which this forum is..  you have to be much more careful what you say and how you say it.  And for anyone who thinks the First Amendment will protect them.. not here.

I assume you're refering to some posts about Duterte, but are you saying people shouldn't post such things or that we should censor them?

I did some research and found that while Duterte is President, that it's against the law in the Philippines to say anything on the internet bad about him or that he doesn't like.

Since the forum doesn't allow violations of the law, such post will be removed.

Granted members who don't live in the Philippines aren't generally subject to their laws, but to keep it simple, we will no longer allow such posts from anyone.

I'm also making you the moderator of this forum so you can decide which post will be allowed... :thumbsup:

Headshot
3 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I assume you're refering to some posts about Duterte, but are you saying people shouldn't post such things or that we should censor them?

Maybe you should just move Philippine Politics to the CR with all of the other politics. That way, there would be less confusion (since politics is really no respecter of borders). Is the debacle in the South China Sea included in Philippine politics or not? It would appear to be a Philippine political issue since the Philippines claims territory there, but other countries are also involved (and it would be difficult not to mention them). Why do we allow discussion of Philippines politics in the open forums when all other political discussion is sent to the CR? There are real consequences for foreigners openly discussing politics here in the Philippines.