Any other YouTubers here?

Goetz1965

Thanks for the channels, I will check them out for ideas too

• 2 weeks later...
mikecon3
On 10/14/2020 at 10:20 AM, Gus said:

Some of the younger YouTubers have massive numbers .. most are not "advice givers " , just documenting how great life is for them in the Philippines.
Learning and speaking the language, having real Filipino friendships. Experiencing the food and some of the culture. Probably Kyle Jennerman " becoming Filipino " is the most well known.

Becoming Filipino 800k subscribers .
Bret Maverick 300k
FinnSnow 425k
Wil Dasovich 2.58 M ( million )

If you click on one of Kyle's vlogs and go to comments you'll see that nearly all commenters are Filipinos and they love the stuff he has been posting for the last 4 years.

I only really came across this in the last 6 months ,kinda stuck here in Thailand ,thought I'd utilize YouTube for my Philippines "fix" .
I found I enjoyed the positiveness of the younger vloggers opposed to the desperation and negativity of the older guys ..

I think part of this is it is a totally different time than when most of us were younger and going to the Philippines in our heyday. When I first started going, there was no internet, no smartphones, and the tourism industry was nothing like it is now. It seemed most people worked, came for vacation, and then went back to work...these guys seem to be able to live off their Youtube revenue...and if all else fails, they can always call up mom and dad to send them a plane ticket home to go back and live in the basement!

Totally different time...with todays rules in the military, we would have been court-martialed for the stuff we did! Don't get me wrong, I think their videos are cool and most are well done and interesting...haven't seen too many of places like Duke's world famous Nipa Hut! Like I said, totally different world!

• Like 1
mikecon3
3 minutes ago, mikecon3 said:

there was no internet, no smartphones,

And that's probably a good thing! No evidence!

• Like 1
Goetz1965

I keep improving my videos too. You definitly need to play around with the software to find all the stuff needed.
First videos missed background music totally, yeah and when you watch them they are boring. With music its much better now.
And now I know iMovie better and can add picture in picture and slowmotion or speedup, gets things much more alive than before.

• Like 1