Any other YouTubers here?

Goetz1965

As Im now in my 3rd month as a YouTuber/Vlogger I like to find others that run a channel so we can share knowledge and ideas and work together on our way to online stardom :-)

Chris24

Are you allowed to say what your channel is, or at least give a hint on what search term to type into Youtube?

I am not a youtuber, and only few short years ago managed to convince my two kids that being a professional youtuber in lieu of finishing the 6th grade was NOT a good career move...... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
mikecon3
1 hour ago, Chris24 said:

Are you allowed to say what your channel is, or at least give a hint on what search term to type into Youtube?

Someone asked him before, and he didn't reply. It's in his profile, not sure if it's okay to post it or not so I won't. Rule 1 of how to make money with youtube videos...make sure people know where to find you! :biggrin_01:

• Haha 1
HongKongPhooey
7 hours ago, Chris24 said:

I am not a youtuber, and only few short years ago managed to convince my two kids that being a professional youtuber in lieu of finishing the 6th grade was NOT a good career move...... 

I had that discussion earlier than you when my six year old who, I discovered last month, figured out how to set up his own channel and post videos. I was unknowingly the subject of maybe four of them. Fortunately, “sexy chubby, white bald guy, underwear, stepping on Legos” were not popular search terms, and I shut that down before any views. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
Chris24
10 hours ago, HongKongPhooey said:

I had that discussion earlier than you when my six year old who, I discovered last month, figured out how to set up his own channel and post videos. I was unknowingly the subject of maybe four of them. Fortunately, “sexy chubby, white bald guy, underwear, stepping on Legos” were not popular search terms, and I shut that down before any views. 

I had wondered what happened to that channel. I was an early subscriber and had even set an alert hoping for new content......

• Haha 2
Pman

There used to be.

One of them just had a baby.

Don't know if he's on here anymore. 

My wife wants to start a sailing youtube channel. We bought a boat and are planning to move to Florida after her 10 year green card comes through. She will have to work for two more years to get the savings she wants to purchase land in the Philippines, then we are going to give it a go.

Goetz1965

Posting the Link would be spam, so I avoid making the admins angry and maybe suffer a cardiac arrest.
Im furthermore only interested in people that are smart enough to find the Info in my profile themselves.

OMG I just ruined everything by f*** off anybody with the truth....

• Like 1
mikecon3
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Im furthermore only interested in people that are smart enough to find the Info in my profile themselves.

I really did try to search on youtube...the only Goetz that came up was a spiritual singer and of course, Bernard, the subway vigilante! I was kinda hoping you were the latter!

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
2 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

I really did try to search on youtube...the only Goetz that came up was a spiritual singer and of course, Bernard, the subway vigilante! I was kinda hoping you were the latter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Irenicus
On 10/7/2020 at 8:47 AM, Pman said:

There used to be.

One of them just had a baby.

Don't know if he's on here anymore. 

That arrogant dickweed is still on the forum.  Spends most of his time trolling in the Politics section of the CR, picking on Lameo and misspelling Trafalmadore.  I think he is still posting his lame azz videos on YT.  He suckered some gorgeous Filipina into marrying him a while back and they just had a baby girl.  His wife is an English teacher and musician and there's some videos up of her singing and playing piano.  Lolz - piano!  Who plays piano anymore????  Such a useless skill.

Good to see ya Pman.  I saw you post an update a few weeks back.  Hope you and your significantly better half continue to prosper in the land of milk and honey.   :):):)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
Pman

Thank you.

Congrats man on your baby girl!

Our wives are talking all the time on FB... lol.

Mine is ready to pop out our baby boy any day, even though official date is Nov 1.

She is ready to get the heck out of here! Soon as her 10 year green card comes through we are heading to Florida. We bought a sailboat. She's dreaming of a sailboat youtube career. We'll see if that works out. Maybe she will be a big time Youtube also... hopefully I can keep my ugly mug out of the camera most of the time so we don't break them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

This guy has 75,000 subscribers, so he must be doing something right. He's not just blogging about the Philippines though. Appears to be covering other SE Asian countries.

• Like 1
Goetz1965

Wow using a robotic voice over, sound really ugh....
But yeah, who is travelling always doesnt have the time to speak for himself ha ha ha

But its good for checking whats most famous in HIS channel, so I just copy all those ideas he had :-)

Also funny if you look on his playlistes, much OLD Thailand stuff and then there's Thailand is dead and now he has a Philippines playlist guess another grumpy old man 

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

But its good for checking whats most famous in HIS channel, so I just copy all those ideas he had :-)

I was designing web pages 25 years ago. I often got ideas from other sites. A tweak here, a tweek there, and voila... :thumbs_up:

• Haha 1

Some of the younger YouTubers have massive numbers .. most are not "advice givers " , just documenting how great life is for them in the Philippines.
Learning and speaking the language, having real Filipino friendships. Experiencing the food and some of the culture. Probably Kyle Jennerman " becoming Filipino " is the most well known.

Becoming Filipino 800k subscribers .
Bret Maverick 300k
FinnSnow 425k
Wil Dasovich 2.58 M ( million )

If you click on one of Kyle's vlogs and go to comments you'll see that nearly all commenters are Filipinos and they love the stuff he has been posting for the last 4 years.

I only really came across this in the last 6 months ,kinda stuck here in Thailand ,thought I'd utilize YouTube for my Philippines "fix" .
I found I enjoyed the positiveness of the younger vloggers opposed to the desperation and negativity of the older guys ..

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk