Teach the Wife New Things

SkyMan

SkyMan

Today on, Teach the wife new things, she studied altitude sickness.

received_341184223769154_copy_2094x1636.jpg

• Like 6
KID
45 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Today on, Teach the wife new things, she studied altitude sickness.

Did you take her to Santa's work shop?

back in the day, they had the worlds highest feeris wheel

Edited by KID
SkyMan

No, really didn't have time for that.  Didn't get through the gate until almost 2PM and then had to be out of the gate by 5.  Did get a military discount for entry and my Nat'l Parks Access pass got us clearance to drive all the way to the top and not both with the shuttles.  We were on top for an hour and she was walking pretty slow and dizzy/headache when we left.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
cookie47

Wow,Thanks ,, Didn't realize how high. I was familiar with the motor racing hill climb aspect but nothing else.I went looking in Wikipedia and found this Gem of information.

At the peak, the partial pressure of oxygen is only about 60% of that at sea level. Water boils at 186 °F (86 °C) at 14,000 feet, rather than 212 °F (100 °C) at sea level.[29]

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

The title of this post is an oxymoron… :biggrin_01:

to_dave007

And now..  a brief Filipino moment..

Mount Canlaon.. in Negros.. is about 2400 meters..  so maybe 7800 feet..  you are nearly up at double that height.

While I'm at it.. for curiosity sake.. I looked up Mt Mayon near Legaspi..  and converted it to feet.. just 8000 feet...   

Edited by to_dave007
  • Thanks 1