Smoothie making machines review

lamoe

We started with the typical blender - worked  well but the container was so large that the frozen fruit took awhile to be pulverized

Bought a 600 W Rosmarino Nutriblade from Cebu Branded Overruns- P1,900 - capacitance start button.  1 swipe =  would cycle on / off  / on, until button swiped again - good for mixing all ingredients,      longer press = continuous on -  pulse worked much better than blender

Was going to get another one for Bohol and saw they had the NutriBullet 600W just came in  - P1,900 also. Comes with 3 containers and various extras plus 2 different bases. One is for milling and the other for "extracting". The extracting one has 6 blades (2 very close to bottom) and is even better / faster than the Nutriblade's 4 blades . Different on / off  - no button - press twist.

Will see how long they last.

20201003_194442[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2
cookie47

We also have a Nutribullit , Brought from Aus,,,

Good gear,We Use it regularly.

• Like 2
mikecon3

We bought the 900W model, and have used it alot. 6 months later and still no issues with it.

• Like 2
lamoe

Looked online to see what MSRP was. $40  Walmart to $60 - if not a knockoff OK price for here.

• Like 1
BossHog
8 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

We bought the 900W model, and have used it alot. 

25 minutes ago, lamoe said:

if not a knockoff OK price for here.

Well after reading the above I orderded a cheap 900w knock-off version from Lazada for 1,370 pacers. Delivery probably take a month. At least. We'll see. I like that it looks easier to clean up than a blender.

Gotta say I never liked the word 'smoothie' though. Stupid word. Whatever.

I'm thinking banana and cacao shakes might be good; we got an awful lot of banana and cacao trees.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
lamoe
17 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Well after reading the above I orderded a cheap 900w knock-off version from Lazada for 1,370 pacers. I like that it looks easier to clean up than a blender.

Delivery probably take a month. At least. We'll see.

Gotta say I never liked the word 'smoothie' though. Stupid word. Whatever.

I'm thinking banana and cacao shakes might be good; we got an awful lot of banana and cacao trees.

Smoothie (what we called a fruit milkshake) from the same people who brought you Frappuccino (another milkshake - different ingredients) :lol:

• Like 2
cookie47

We bought Ours (Nutribullit) when first introduced into Australia (about 2012)..

Suspect (hope) it's genuine ,, cost $240au.

As Bosshog says,, banana is good.,,What the Mrs does (pre Covide) was to buy a shed load of fruits , peel,cut to size,,,,Place in freezer in single serve size bags (for two persons).Then freezer to Nutribullit .We have 5 fruits mixes regularly..(when in season)..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
cookie47

Lunchd3d9312f3c2a189a93cfc8e3a887bc15.jpg

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 2
mikecon3

My wife does the same thing, preps the fruits and stores in ziplock bags in the freezer.

We bought the 900W at the exchange. Got that model because I read some reviews that some were burning out the 600W motor. Doesn't sound like you guys are having that issue.

Word of caution on adding fruits like guava or pomegranate that have hard seeds...although they do get ground up, they are actually sharp and do not digest...I'll let you figure out the rest!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
lamoe
1 hour ago, mikecon3 said:

My wife does the same thing, preps the fruits and stores in ziplock bags in the freezer.

We bought the 900W at the exchange. Got that model because I read some reviews that some were burning out the 600W motor. Doesn't sound like you guys are having that issue.

Word of caution on adding fruits like guava or pomegranate that have hard seeds...although they do get ground up, they are actually sharp and do not digest...I'll let you figure out the rest!

Been there, done that - but now I'm a hard a$$:biggrin_01:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HongKongPhooey
On 10/4/2020 at 6:35 AM, BossHog said:

Gotta say I never liked the word 'smoothie' though.

I definitively experience a butt clench when I hear that word; never been a sailor, so not sure why...

cookie47

Carrots and Banana have arrived. Big job ,I told her I'd buy a cutting machine.??.naahh.

She says she enjoys.

IMG_20201007_074431.jpg

IMG_20201007_074546.jpg

• Like 1
cookie47

Done job

IMG_20201007_082806.jpg

• Like 1
lamoe
46 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

She says she enjoys.

I get the same - hand mixing - want a hand mixer? - NO! :not_see: