Cebu mandatory quarantine; in which hotel(s)?

Kreole

Does anyone know where foreigners are required to stay in Cebu under mandatory quarantine (for 14 days) if they arrive in Cebu?  I can't imagine being forced into quarantine there, or anywhere, in the Philippines.  Many of the hotels have closed down, so it seems the choice is very limited, especially when one considers there has to be a guard or guards on duty at all times to make sure foreigners follow the quarantine protocol.  I hesitate going to Cebu even though I am in need of medical treatment.  Being stuck in some strange hotel against my will would just about be the end of me.  Thanks ahead.

Kreole

So, individuals are monitored 24/7 for the 2 weeks of quarantine in whichever of the 21 approved hotels?  Are they allowed out of the hotel and under what circumstances?  Are they required to dine exclusively at the hotel, or go out to eat?   I wonder if these hotels have "special" rates for those under quarantine?  By special, I mean higher rates per night?  Any clarity on these protocols is much appreciated.  Salamat

Edited by Kreole
smokey

Well my favorite hotel in manila doubled its rate.    Approval requires ????????

Edited by smokey
cvgtpc1

Hotel is much better than where we go in Samar, it's the elementary school there.  So I'm staying in the US till this is over.

mikecon3
4 hours ago, Kreole said:

So, individuals are monitored 24/7 for the 2 weeks of quarantine in whichever of the 21 approved hotels?  Are they allowed out of the hotel and under what circumstances?  Are they required to dine exclusively at the hotel, or go out to eat?   I wonder if these hotels have "special" rates for those under quarantine?  By special, I mean higher rates per night?  Any clarity on these protocols is much appreciated.  Salamat

My understanding of the hotels is that it is for you to stay until you get your results back, then you are on your way to wherever, where they will quarantine you there. You only stay 14 days if you are positive.

From all the trip reports that I have read here, nobody has done the 14 day quarantine in the hotel in Cebu. People have done the 1-5 days that was necessary to get the negative results back, but after that went on to wherever they were going. I think there were a couple of reports where someone that actually lives in Cebu got the clearance to do the 14 days at home or in their barangay.

From the reports that were posted from people that were in the hotels, they stated that they were not allowed to leave the room, much less the hotel. They were not allowed to use any of the hotel amenities like pool or gym. And their food was delivered to their room 3 times a day. I believe the Coast Guard has guard duty at these hotels, so it's not the bellboy you can bribe to get out!

There were also complaints that it is hard to find an available room at any of the hotels on the list. I would imagine if the price is higher, that is taking into account 3 meals a day, plus the added expense of security and "enhanced" room cleaning and privilege afforded to you to allow you to stay at their prestigious hotel.

I think that's a pretty good summary of what I've read in this forum, but then again, I could be wrong!

• Like 2
cookie47
20 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

I think there were a couple of reports where someone that actually lives in Cebu got the clearance to do the 14 days at home or in their barangay.

Yes,,,,,This is what I know ,,,,unless rules have changed....

We've had two seaman arrive in Cebu at our sub division from Singapore mid September..Via Manila...(Note, I didn't ask about IF a Covid test in Manila).?

Negative Covide test on departure Singapore..( required by Singapore)

Covide test on Arrival in Mactan.....

Needed AND required to get driven DIRECTLY Home by a LGU van and representative of Consolation LGU.

Isolated for 14 days (  And supprisingly although Cebu test results were Negative still had to complete 14 day's.... 

Edited by cookie47
Addition