Air Fryer and Lechon skin

lamoe

Got Tata a 3L air fryer (it's actually a roaster - no oil). So far she's made fantastic marinated chicken in it.

Saturday she made Lechon (3 Kg) in rotisserie oven.  I finished up the last tonight. I really like the skin but only if it's crispy. Once it starts cooling down gets rubbery.

Tried to re-heat skin in bigger oven with heating elements - very tricky on time.

Put a couple of pieces in air fryer container - fat down - set it at 200C / 5 min. came out perfect. :1frog:

I'm not allowed to wash dishes - not they I object very much :biggrin_01:. Instead of throwing out the rendered fat if I washed the container, she took the oil at the bottom of the container and put into a jar. My mother would do the same with bacon grease and from other pork dishes. She makes a great dipping sauce when first rendered and then uses it to flavor other dishes (Pansit?)

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can you put the link to it? DId you buy it on Shopee or Lazada? I am interested!

lamoe

Bought in Cebu City - I think it was P1,800 or 1,900 - Cebu Branded Overruns

1st doorway past 7/11 - 2nd floor

image.thumb.png.5bc396f9a6d59aec2b141378cbb91f62.png

• Like 1

air fryers are great, I mainly used it as an oven replacement for chicken and such.
looked for a proper air fryer here in PH but all I could find was a small philips one, very old model, that cost 15k, I paid like half of that for the newest XL model back in europe.
price gouging importers seem to be all too common with some brands, especially philips.

lamoe

Made french fires tonight - came out more like "home fries" because she cut them too big.

Not that big 3L? but for less than 2K and just the 2 of us worth it.

Saw same model in 138 basement for P2,100

• Like 1
cvgtpc1

People I know that have them put them in a cabinet after three uses never to use again so I haven't gotten one, guess I could tell them to give me theirs.  LOL

lamoe
36 minutes ago, cvgtpc1 said:

People I know that have them put them in a cabinet after three uses never to use again so I haven't gotten one, guess I could tell them to give me theirs.  LOL

We both like the Air Fryer chicken over deep fried so will probably keep using.

Same happened to my Sus Vide - I like it , Tata dosen't trust it - guess who won? :biggrin_01:

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 1