Could Cebu City buses be driven by former Jeepney drivers?

lamoe

Have noticed increased numbers of the big buses and some city people movers on Colon and Osmena streets. Be very careful if driving next to one of these. I try to stay as far away from them as possible and pass as quick as possible.

The drivers have to have been former Jeepny drivers. No signals when moving over on Osmena to avoid parked cars and take the next lane and a half to do it. Was very interesting to watch bus in right lane cut off one passing by him in lane next to him. :shocked:

• Like 2
baby43

My wife and myself were in Cebu at Xmas time, we caught a number of buses from the circle to seaside another new mall can't remember the name now, being a bus driver here in Australia, where we have traffic rules, the impression i got with these bus drivers their attitude is the bigger we are the more right away we got, I was scared many times seeing cars being cut off and getting very close to other vehicles on the road, if they are ex jeepney drivers I wonder why, the jeepney drivers just cut any vehicle off to drop off and pick up.

Here in Australia if I did what these bus drivers did we would be booked by the police and get big fines .

• Like 1
cvgtpc1
On 9/29/2020 at 6:39 AM, baby43 said:

My wife and myself were in Cebu at Xmas time, we caught a number of buses from the circle to seaside another new mall can't remember the name now, being a bus driver here in Australia, where we have traffic rules, the impression i got with these bus drivers their attitude is the bigger we are the more right away we got, I was scared many times seeing cars being cut off and getting very close to other vehicles on the road, if they are ex jeepney drivers I wonder why, the jeepney drivers just cut any vehicle off to drop off and pick up.

Here in Australia if I did what these bus drivers did we would be booked by the police and get big fines .

You should've ridden a Philippine Rabbit bus from Angeles to Manila back in the 80s lol

The Manila station was close to where I wanted to go so I'd try to follow them, would leave me in the dust every time.

• Like 1
lamoe
16 minutes ago, cvgtpc1 said:

You should've ridden a Philippine Rabbit bus from Angeles to Manila back in the 80s lol

The Manila station was close to where I wanted to go so I'd try to follow them, would leave me in the dust every time.

Took the bus from South Terminal to Toledo - mountain roads at night - :shocked:

• Thanks 1
profits101

Without evidence, I keep thinking there is some kind of regular funnel of pesos from the bus companies into the hands of the .gov. Additional October semi-lockdown, let's not interrupt the good times...

• Like 1
fivestarph

We could always further lengthen jeepneys..

0-02-06-a5d3362915b5e5148d94baba6eb41fc60972eacb7b55e1df6741d505430b8b97_7c1ce929.jpg

• Haha 2
jaybee747
6 hours ago, profits101 said:

Without evidence, I keep thinking there is some kind of regular funnel of pesos from the bus companies into the hands of the .gov. Additional October semi-lockdown, let's not interrupt the good times...

You would think that open air Jeepneys are much more safe for covid than all those closed air conditioned buses and vans they are using.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
cookie47
7 hours ago, lamoe said:

Took the bus from South Terminal to Toledo - mountain roads at night - :shocked:

Unfortunately a regular occurrence for me throughout the 80s as my first wife came from Negros..☹️😬

baby43

They have trouble getting that extended jeepney around corners, also those back streets they into, be hard all the cars and trucks who double park .