Married Expat Getting Back Into The Philippines

I understand that is a married couple leaves the Philippines they can get back in, even with this virus. I mean western guy and Filipino wife. But what if the guy leaves for a few weeks and then tries to return to the Philippines alone, without the wife? Does anyone know? Thanks!

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I'm not positive, but I think such situations have been discussed in the following thread: 

Flying in and Out of the Philippines

Since it is a rather large tread to read through, hopefully a member with such knowledge will respond to your questions here in this thread.

to_dave007

OP says he is married..  but what kind of visa does he have? This information is required to know how to answer. OP should read the following:

Only permanent residents can enter PH starting August 1, BI clarifies 2020Jul21_Press.pdf

Alien spouses of Pinoys need visas to enter PH - BI2020Aug08_Press.pdf

Alien spouses of Pinoys with existing visas can enter PH, BI clarifies2020Aug14_Press.pdf

BI reiterates no visa, no entry rule for alien spouses of Pinoys2020Aug25_Press.pdf

• Like 1

Coming from the US I will be applying to the local PI embassy (Los Angeles) for a visa. The requirements for that are set by the individual embassy....they vary. The Web site for the particular embassy may be informative. The requirements are not trivial and take some time and effort to collect.

to_dave007
10 hours ago, Daddle said:

Coming from the US I will be applying to the local PI embassy (Los Angeles) for a visa. The requirements for that are set by the individual embassy....they vary. The Web site for the particular embassy may be informative. The requirements are not trivial and take some time and effort to collect.

You coming in as "Tourist married to Filipina"?

15 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

You coming in as "Tourist married to Filipina"?

I think so. I have never applied for anything special. The short stay tourist process has worked well enough for me. Same with wifey visiting the USA.

• Thanks 1
to_dave007
53 minutes ago, Daddle said:

I think so. I have never applied for anything special. The short stay tourist process has worked well enough for me. Same with wifey visiting the USA.

Under the current COVID rules, all "tourists" (i.e. no resident visa like a 13A) would NORMALLY be refused entry entirely, UNLESS they are (a) married to a Filipina (need PSA Marriage Cert)  and (b) (I think) can establish that residence is in Philippines (not sure what needed..  maybe Barangay residency affidavit). That's likely why you have so much documentation to deliver for your visa.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daddle said:

Check the requirements with your servicing RP embassy/consulate. You will need to get a 90 day 9A visa in your passport for the airline to board you.

59 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Check the requirements with your servicing RP embassy/consulate. You will need to get a 90 day 9A visa in your passport for the airline to board you.

Yes, the result of my application to the Los Angeles consulate will be a 9A visa. That is the visa for Non-Immigrant Foreign Spouse of a Filipino National. It has the 59 day stamp on entry and the renewal schedule of the tourist visa like back in the good old days. The visa itself is valid for 90 days single entry, or (maybe) 6 or 12 month multiple entry: $30, $60, $90. So sez the, consulate:

https://www.philippineconsulatela.org/foreign-spouse-of-a-filipino-national

The online info is not entirely clear. One problem is all the pre-pandemic pages are still online. It is easy to switch to the old versions and get misled or confused.

Each consulate may have its own application rules. LA wants an invitation letter from the wifey but no proof of PI residence. Financial support proof...marriage doc...etc.

12 hours ago, Daddle said:

The visa itself is valid for 90 days single entry, or (maybe) 6 or 12 month multiple entry: $30, $60, $90. So sez the, consulate:

From others experiences, applying for the 6 or 12 month visa they received 90 days and a refund for the extra payment which makes sense. They are restricting travel so be glad they are allowing 1 entry.

Edited by SkyMan
12 hours ago, Daddle said:

Each consulate may have its own application rules. LA wants an invitation letter from the wifey but no proof of PI residence. Financial support proof...marriage doc...etc.

Let us know how your application goes. I would expect them to want a copy of your  MC.

PhilsFan

My friend received his Visa with a 1 year multiple entry (59 day stay) for $90 fee last week.

I am expecting mine in a few days. This was out of the San Francisco office. The Chicago office offers only the 59 day single entry for $30. ($40 expedited).

I will post back if I was successful and how long the Visa took from sending the paperwork. The San Fran office paperwork was easier than the Chicago office, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
PhilsFan

UPDATE:

I received my 1-year (59 day stay) multiple entry Visa today. That is 8 days door-to-door Minnesota to San Francisco and back.  

Edited by PhilsFan
  • Like 6
SkyMan

Just curious why you wanted the 1 yr and not just the 90 day visa?