Cargo Vessel Sinks Off Misamis - 13,500 Cases of Beer Lost!

BossHog

BossHog

Fiesta in General Luna town on Siargao is in a few days. It's the main tourist town on the island and a big party spot. Lately we've been having a beer shortage so the distribuutor took it upon themselves to directly bring in 13,500 cases of beer on a boat from from Misamis. Unfortunately yesterday afternoon that boat and its cargo sank off the coast of Dapa (all crew rescued). They're blaming it on weather, which was quite mild yesterday. One wonders if it wasn't overloaded; that's a heck of a lot of beer weight!

Might be time to get out the scuba gear, lol.

Story from PhilStar

Cargo vessel sinks off Misamis; 7 rescued

"CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Philippines —  The captain and six crewmembers of a cargo vessel that sank in the waters off Sugbongcogon, Misamis Oriental on Tuesday have been rescued.

Lt. Theofratus Pia, Misamis Oriental police spokesman, said the M/L JJBA Sea Breeze was traveling from Opol town to  Surigao City when it sank at around 5:55 p.m.

Pia said the vessel was loaded with 13,500 cases of beer.

He said the Philippine Coast Guard in Misamis Oriental organized a quick rescue team composed of members of the municipal emergency response office and local fishermen.

Pia said the cargo vessel was hit by strong waves off the coast of Dapa town in Surigao del Norte."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan

Need to take breathalyzers on the crew.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
Chris24

13,500 cases of beer on the boat, 13,500 cases of beer....

Take one down, sink it on down, 13,499 cases of beer on the boat....

13,499 cases of beer on the boat, 13,499 cases of beer.....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
RogerDuMond

Party at Davey Jones' Locker.

• Haha 2
baby43

I have been on 1 of those boats leaving Surigao City  to Dinaget Island where my wife was born, every bit of space on the top deck Had crates of beer, talk about safety, there would had been 100s of crates of beer everywhere, now i can understand why that boat sunk, and also the overloading of people, and they wait for people running late.

• Like 2
Chris24
1 hour ago, baby43 said:

I have been on 1 of those boats leaving Surigao City  to Dinaget Island where my wife was born, every bit of space on the top deck Had crates of beer, talk about safety, there would had been 100s of crates of beer everywhere, now i can understand why that boat sunk, and also the overloading of people, and they wait for people running late.

Always room for one more!