HeyMike

My wife sent a balikbayan box to Cebu City from New Jersey on October 15, 2020 using Will Xpress. We use Will Xpress for sending boxes because they have no weight limit. It's a flat $80 per box. I will post here again when the box arrives at its destination in Cebu City.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozepete

• Kabisay-an gid

• RogerDuMond

• mikecon3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both!  We sell totally on-line from our website. Most customers are referred by other users but it is by far the best of it's product type available, and the USA to AUS exchange rate makes us very com

We avoid UPS whenever possible. They don't seem to give a shit about the freight they are paid to convey...  (This is what you get for $500+ courier service!!!) This is what happened to two carto

so wife wants to send 2 sheets of paper here relating to some property she has (not house) she goes to fed x in usa and they tell her the fastest way is 78 dollars 5 days tops  from her to me    ok le

Posted Images

throttleplate
21 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

You're comparing apples and oranges. 

If you need a replacement credit/debit card or important documents, you need your shipment in a hurry, typically within no more than a few days. So FedEx international priority service is the way to go - you should get it in usually about 4 days. You pay more for the fast delivery.

Whereas a FedEx envelope travels via air from the USA to the Philippines, a balikbayan box is a completely different animal. It will be transported via ocean cargo ship, and could take a couple months or more to reach its destination. So it's intended for items that aren't needed in a hurry. 

Check out DHL, when my credit card expired, master card thru citibank in the usa they sent me a card asap free of charge by DHL and had it in 6 days delivered to my residence.

Kabisay-an gid
5 hours ago, throttleplate said:

Check out DHL, when my credit card expired, master card thru citibank in the usa they sent me a card asap free of charge by DHL and had it in 6 days delivered to my residence.

Credit card issuers that ship cards at their own expense will virtually always use the company they choose, you won't get a choice.

For shipping documents, in my personal experience FedEx is fast and reliable. I've had shipments that were delivered in less than 3.5 days.

I live only about 10 minutes from a full-service FedEx shipping store, DHL offers nothing of the sort in my area.

Also, for security and legal reasons, I prefer using US-owned FedEx, rather than German-owned DHL.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm not criticizing anyone else's choice. Use whatever company that floats your boat. 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Reading the various posts, it seems the saying "Experiences May Vary" pretty much fits for shipping things in and out of the Philippines... 

• Thanks 1