• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• Ozepete

• Kabisay-an gid

• mikecon3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both!  We sell totally on-line from our website. Most customers are referred by other users but it is by far the best of it's product type available, and the USA to AUS exchange rate makes us very com

We avoid UPS whenever possible. They don't seem to give a shit about the freight they are paid to convey...  (This is what you get for $500+ courier service!!!) This is what happened to two carto

so wife wants to send 2 sheets of paper here relating to some property she has (not house) she goes to fed x in usa and they tell her the fastest way is 78 dollars 5 days tops  from her to me    ok le

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Dafey said:

, just curious...what did FedEx charge for a document?

$77.88 for two pages

• Like 1
Goetz1965

I used DHL in SM City basement when I had to send documents to germany.
Ended up at 2800php for international express but the documents were delivered 1 week later - all tracking with my cellphone as they entered that in the "account". 
Seems expensive at first but its very reliable as I can tell from own experience.

• Like 1

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a FedEx, DHL or UPS van in Masbate. 
My sister occasionally has to send me the odd replacement bank card etc. We have successfully (so far!) used UPS. The cost from Ontario is CAD$120+ so it needs to be worthwhile!

UPS always transfer my stuff to a “local delivery agent” in Manila at which point I lose all tracking. 

When I have to send stuff the other way, I use a local outfit (J&R Services) who charge me about 1250 pesos for a few pages. There’s never a tracking number but it usually arrives at my sister’s (via UPS) within 5-10 days. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

UPS always transfer my stuff to a “local delivery agent” in Manila at which point I lose all tracking. 

That's seems to be our case with the last two, DHL and FedEx...gets to Manila and just keeps saying pending, but both have ended up in Masbate with a "local" agent.

12 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

That's seems to be our case with the last two, DHL and FedEx...gets to Manila and just keeps saying pending, but both have ended up in Masbate with a "local" agent.

When UPS do the transfer, their tracking system generates a “rescheduled delivery” exception so I at least know what’s going on. 

With just a little bit of thought, they could tell us who they handed off to and that company’s tracking number...but I expect that would make too much sense. 

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid
On 9/19/2020 at 12:20 AM, Ozepete said:

We avoid UPS whenever possible. They don't seem to give a shit about the freight they are paid to convey...  (This is what you get for $500+ courier service!!!)

This is what happened to two cartons we sent to the Carribean via the US. Luckily the interior air bag padding protected the goods. 

UPS stands for Unbelievably Poor Service. 😂🤣

Ozepete

From Oz we use a service called 'Interparcel' they are great.. https://au.interparcel.com/

Not sure if they operate from the Phils but we send stuff worldwide via them and always with tracking and any issues they jump onto straight away. 

Ozepete

Just checked and 'Interparcel' operate from and to any country. For example a 20Kg carton 55cm x 40 x 38  from Catmon  Cebu to me here in Oz reads like this:

UPS Import Express Saver Collection Mon 19t  Delivery  Fri 30th  Incl. Warranty of $100

Printer Needed   cost Au$266.50  (This is about the same as our cost to send similar size / weight cartons to the USA )

Or a document:

TNT Document Express

Collection Mon 19th  Delivery Fri 23rd No Warranty

cost Au$46.65

Edited by Ozepete
Kabisay-an gid

If somebody is looking to send documents via FedEx from the USA to the Philippines, I strongly recommend you send it to an authorized FedEx location in a major city and pick it up there.

If you don't, and you live out in the middle of timbuktu, don't be surprised if it takes weeks for it to get to you - if they're able to find you at all.

I've used FedEx to send documents to authorized locations for pick up in Metro Manila, Cebu and Leyte - and haven't had a problem yet. 

I highly recommend not using FedEx.

I used it once and it cost me 87 US$ to send just my Debit Card.

Highway robbery plain and simple. 

We send a whole 2' by 3' box for 89$ now to our family in the Philippines.

The box is huge and it is not even weighed. It takes a little longer, but as pointed out if you are in the country the time might actually be the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Pman said:

The box is huge and it is not even weighed. It takes a little longer, but as pointed out if you are in the country the time might actually be the same. 

If you live in a place with a mail address (we don’t) you can always test inbound mail with some trivial stuff. If it works reliably, then fine. If it doesn’t, then you have little choice but to use couriers, from time to time, for important stuff. If you have a Manila or Cebu address that the FedExs of the world will deliver to (as destination or for pickup) cool. If not, then again, no choice but to rely on their local delivery agents - but you don’t get to choose who they use. 

The prices charged by FedEx et al are what they are. 

I’m not likely to use a balikbayan box for a replacement bank card. 

• Like 2
On 10/16/2020 at 7:51 PM, Paddy said:

If you live in a place with a mail address (we don’t) you can always test inbound mail with some trivial stuff. If it works reliably, then fine. If it doesn’t, then you have little choice but to use couriers, from time to time, for important stuff. If you have a Manila or Cebu address that the FedExs of the world will deliver to (as destination or for pickup) cool. If not, then again, no choice but to rely on their local delivery agents - but you don’t get to choose who they use. 

The prices charged by FedEx et al are what they are. 

I’m not likely to use a balikbayan box for a replacement bank card. 

True I wouldn't send my bank card by balikbayan box either. That's why I paid ungodly expensive FedEx. My comment was it's better to send most other things.

I've sent iPhones, and more that way and had no problem.

I was living 45 min south of Dumaguete with no street address. Had no trouble with delivery except FedEx. That was a real pain in the rear and took a month or two.

Had daughter send prescription glasses via FedEx insured - $50 - took less than  a month - before lockdown

Given the length of lockdown looking at having her send a BB from Rockford with drones and other "essentials"  (spices for Tata). Contacted Filipino church via FB  to get best info for her

Kabisay-an gid
On 10/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, Pman said:

You're comparing apples and oranges. 

If you need a replacement credit/debit card or important documents, you need your shipment in a hurry, typically within no more than a few days. So FedEx international priority service is the way to go - you should get it in usually about 4 days. You pay more for the fast delivery.

Whereas a FedEx envelope travels via air from the USA to the Philippines, a balikbayan box is a completely different animal. It will be transported via ocean cargo ship, and could take a couple months or more to reach its destination. So it's intended for items that aren't needed in a hurry.