smokey

so wife wants to send 2 sheets of paper here relating to some property she has (not house) she goes to fed x in usa and they tell her the fastest way is 78 dollars 5 days tops  from her to me    ok lets do it ..   3 days later the paper hits manila ok wow so on line say will be delivered by 6 pm sept 15    wow 5 days like they said   but wait did not arrive   look on line    ok you package will be delivered on 16th by 6 pm    what it did not arrive   your package will be delivered on 17th    hummm lets see if that happens   so 3 days to go arizona to manila    5 days so far manila to cebu  

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDuMond

• Ozepete

• Kabisay-an gid

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both!  We sell totally on-line from our website. Most customers are referred by other users but it is by far the best of it's product type available, and the USA to AUS exchange rate makes us very com

We avoid UPS whenever possible. They don't seem to give a shit about the freight they are paid to convey...  (This is what you get for $500+ courier service!!!) This is what happened to two carto

so wife wants to send 2 sheets of paper here relating to some property she has (not house) she goes to fed x in usa and they tell her the fastest way is 78 dollars 5 days tops  from her to me    ok le

Posted Images

Headshot
1 hour ago, smokey said:

so wife wants to send 2 sheets of paper here relating to some property she has (not house) she goes to fed x in usa and they tell her the fastest way is 78 dollars 5 days tops  from her to me    ok lets do it ..   3 days later the paper hits manila ok wow so on line say will be delivered by 6 pm sept 15    wow 5 days like they said   but wait did not arrive   look on line    ok you package will be delivered on 16th by 6 pm    what it did not arrive   your package will be delivered on 17th    hummm lets see if that happens   so 3 days to go arizona to manila    5 days so far manila to cebu  

Since Fed Ex no longer does business in the Philippines, and relies on a Filipino package service (Air21) for its Philippine deliveries, this isn't surprising at all. Next time, choose a company that does business in both the country of origin and the country of delivery (like UPS). Otherwise, you have no guarantees, regardless of what they tell you.

• Like 2
smokey

Up date    sir we deliver your package on tues    hummm  ok sir wed by 6 pm     sir this thursday   sir wrong address   call give address say try google maps only 2 houses on street   ohhhhh sir sat

Edited by smokey
RogerDuMond
On 9/17/2020 at 12:47 PM, Headshot said:

Since Fed Ex no longer does business in the Philippines, and relies on a Filipino package service (Air21) for its Philippine deliveries, this isn't surprising at all. Next time, choose a company that does business in both the country of origin and the country of delivery (like UPS). Otherwise, you have no guarantees, regardless of what they tell you.

Weird, I just received a package sent from the US to Provincial Cebu by FEDEX. The package took 4 days and was delivered here in a FEDEX truck.

Also, we have had better luck with DHL than UPS shipping here and it costs less.

• Like 1
profits101

I use FedEx pretty regularly to ship to the US. It's active and "Fed Ex no longer does business in the Philippines" is just plain wrong. Their call centre is on Pampanga, and their branded trucks regularly ply the roads here in Cebu. They also just reported better than expected profits. From here they dropped International Economy and only offer International Priority - at just about double the cost, but fast and reliable delivery. Still, the service is pretty darn good, and if you have trouble with them, you can get their attention pretty easily through calling them and get situations resolved. I learned the in's and outs with them over the past several years, but in general its excellent service.

Edited by profits101
  • Thanks 1
Headshot
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

Weird, I just received a package sent from the US to Provincial Cebu by FEDEX. The package took 4 days and was delivered here in a FEDEX truck.

I take it something else happened (that wasn't publicized) after FedEx was kicked out of the Philippines back in 2013.

https://business.inquirer.net/133641/fedex-cant-operate-in-ph-appellate-court-rules

It doesn't appear that this ruling was ever reversed, so maybe FedEx accepted majority Philippine ownership of the company that is now known as FedEx Philippines (since that was what caused the lawsuit they lost back in 2013). There definitely was a time when Air21 was delivering (and representing) FedEx in the Philippines. If you say they are operating again under the FedEx name, then I guess it is true. Whether or not FedEx Philippines operates using the same standards used by the rest of FedEx is a question someone else will have to answer. It seems like Smokey doesn't seem to think so.

1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

Also, we have had better luck with DHL than UPS shipping here and it costs less.

Do you understand what the word "like" means? I wasn't necessarily recommending UPS over another carrier (like DHL). I'm sure everybody can make their own decisions on what package company to use.

Edited by Headshot
RogerDuMond
42 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Do you understand what the word "like" means? I wasn't necessarily recommending UPS over another carrier (like DHL). 

I think I do, and I don't like UPS. The one time we used them, our package sat in Cebu City for 10 days and they tacked on an additional charge for delivery above and beyond what was paid in the U.S. because they had to deliver in the Province.

48 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I'm sure everybody can make their own decisions on what package company to use.

I am also sure and I would hope that communicating our experience might help them make a more informed decision.

Headshot
28 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

I think I do, and I don't like UPS.

"Like" the way I used it means the same thing as "such as" or "for example" would mean. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is a favorite. Personally, I have had bad experiences with DHL, and I haven't had any bad experiences with UPS, but I live in the metro area while you live in the boondocks. It probably makes a difference. As with everything in the Philippines, YMMV.

RogerDuMond
11 minutes ago, Headshot said:

"Like" the way I used it means the same thing as "such as" or "for example" would mean. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is a favorite.

No shit.

Ozepete
16 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

I think I do, and I don't like UPS. The one time we used them, our package sat in Cebu City for 10 days and they tacked on an additional charge for delivery above and beyond what was paid in the U.S. because they had to deliver in the Province.

I am also sure and I would hope that communicating our experience might help them make a more informed decision.

We avoid UPS whenever possible. They don't seem to give a shit about the freight they are paid to convey...  (This is what you get for $500+ courier service!!!)

This is what happened to two cartons we sent to the Carribean via the US. Luckily the interior air bag padding protected the goods. 

421238877_UPSGranadaviaUSA.thumb.png.724d36c54899f035768cc92f55530369.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
smokey
20 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Nothing weird about it fed x sub out deliveries but dont tell when they do 2 pieces of paper 38 dollars super fast service now 78 dollars time 5 days max    left arizona on 9th arrive my house 19  do the math

RogerDuMond
19 minutes ago, smokey said:

Nothing weird about it fed x sub out deliveries but dont tell when they do 2 pieces of paper 38 dollars super fast service now 78 dollars time 5 days max    left arizona on 9th arrive my house 19  do the math

I meant what was weird was the differences between our experiences.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, Ozepete said:

We avoid UPS whenever possible. They don't seem to give a shit about the freight they are paid to convey...  (This is what you get for $500+ courier service!!!)

This is what happened to two cartons we sent to the Caribbean via the US. Luckily the interior air bag padding protected the goods. 

Pete you must be a good salesman or have some great product, if you can convince people to order from you, from halfway around the world...:P

Ozepete
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

Pete you must be a good salesman or have some great product, if you can convince people to order from you, from halfway around the world...:P

Both!  We sell totally on-line from our website. Most customers are referred by other users but it is by far the best of it's product type available, and the USA to AUS exchange rate makes us very competitive. We send a lot of systems to the US and Canada. Our customers are usually very conservative and extensively research equipment for their toys so being in the industry for a long time and being the largest manufacturer in the Southern half of the rock, we have worked hard to build an excellent reputation.  ozefridge.com

Got to go now and finish the next page of my book on humility!!! :rofl: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
mikecon3

My daughter sent a document from Louisiana with FedEx on Sept 28, and arrived in Paranaque on 1 October. Great, thought we were gonna make the Oct. 5 delivery date. Yeah, right. I keep looking at the tracking history, always in Paranaque, just sitting there. Looked on the 10th, said it was waiting for pickup in Paranaque...great, except it was supposed to be delivered in Masbate! And it said we had 5 working days to pick it up or they were sending it back.

So they called the Paranaque office today to ask them what was going on, and they said the package was in Masbate...never received any calls or texts telling them to come pick it up. I guess they don't have an office in Masbate anymore, so it was the same clown that pulled this stunt before with our DHL delivery. Looked at the receipt, the phone number was there, but FedEx didn't bother to print it out on the label, so they screwed that up in Louisiana.

Good thing we called today, because they were going to send it back to Manila tomorrow. So it arrived, and was actually still good time even with the confusion.

• Like 1