easy44

Need US phone number that will forward to my PI cell

easy44

My cheap-ass bank won't make international calls. Need (free) US phone number that will forward calls to my PI cell.  Any ideas?

Headshot

Can't you just call your cheap ass bank instead? I use Skype for contacting companies and agencies back in the US. Skype allows me to get through their stupid phone systems and eventually talk to a real person. However, while it is cheap, it is not free.

mikecon3

I use MagicJack...it's not free either. App goes on your phone, you can pick a US number in your area code. After I got it I changed the number they gave me to my home phone and had it disconnected. Messages go to your email. It says they can now do text messages, but I haven't set it up and tried it yet.

aiden9991

you can create a US skype number but it will be a landline. 
Need to pay and not so expensive. 

Lordblacknail

yah sign up for magic jack works like a charm. I used it there in the PI and I use it now in florida. been using it for 20 years. forwards to my cell.

easy44
6 hours ago, Headshot said:

Can't you just call your cheap ass bank instead? I use Skype for contacting companies and agencies back in the US. Skype allows me to get through their stupid phone systems and eventually talk to a real person. However, while it is cheap, it is not free.

Not feasible. All I get when I call this individual is "leave a message at the beep" answering service.

samatm

If someone calls your US Skype number and it is forwarded to your PI Cell number ...wont they incur an expensive call to PI Cell number  rate if it connects and you actually jabber a bit?    Seems like I encountered this before with my brother....but its been a while and Im not certain.   

I use skype now without a US number(.which cost something like 60.00 bucks a year to reserve a number) to call my US bank etc .     My mom now knows that the long weird number on her caller ID is me.   

easy44
20 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

yah sign up for magic jack works like a charm. I used it there in the PI and I use it now in florida. been using it for 20 years. forwards to my cell.

Don't you need to subscribe to Magic Jack white in the States? Anyway I need something I can do online right now.

SkyMan

I have a US number through Google Voice but I don't remember how to set it up.  Free calls to US and Canada.  

CardiacKid

I found this one on ebay Philippines that is advertised as already registered. Unfortunately, its in Texas so the shipping time might be excessive. MagicJack - HOME VoIP Telephone Adapter (already registered/preowned)

• Like 1

Lordblacknail

I am not sure but i would be happy to help you with it if you need me to.

easy44

Thanks for all the advice. I have established email comm with the bank and problem solved.

Irenicus

On 9/16/2020 at 11:35 PM, SkyMan said:

Yep - Tim was a member here (now in Texas).  I learned two important things from him.  1)  Set up and use Google Voice - it is by far the best VOIP to use in the Philippines and calls made to you are transcribed into an email and sent to you. 2) Don't ever, EVER make a mistake on important paperwork in the Philippines, especially marriage/birth certificates.  Despite our best precautions, the city hall made an error on our marriage CR and we have now been waiting 8 months to get it corrected.

• Thanks 2

HeyMike
7 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Yep - Tim was a member here (now in Texas).  I learned two important things from him.  1)  Set up and use Google Voice - it is by far the best VOIP to use in the Philippines and calls made to you are transcribed into an email and sent to you. 2) Don't ever, EVER make a mistake on important paperwork in the Philippines, especially marriage/birth certificates.  Despite our best precautions, the city hall made an error on our marriage CR and we have now been waiting 8 months to get it corrected.

A mistake was also made on my marriage certificate and the secretary wanted some outrageous amount of money to correct it. I said forget it, just leave it. So far it has not been a problem, but .... 

• Like 1

SkyMan
3 hours ago, HeyMike said:

A mistake was also made on my marriage certificate and the secretary wanted some outrageous amount of money to correct it. I said forget it, just leave it. So far it has not been a problem, but .... 

Yes, eventually it may well be a problem and might be cheaper to fix now than later.  Up to you of course.  I really think many of these mistakes are intentional to produce income later.  Perhaps a visit to thee mayor or another official might motivate the secretary to fix things for free.

HeyMike
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Yes, eventually it may well be a problem and might be cheaper to fix now than later.  Up to you of course.  I really think many of these mistakes are intentional to produce income later.  Perhaps a visit to thee mayor or another official might motivate the secretary to fix things for free.

You are probably right about it eventually being a problem, but the mistake was over 15 years ago. Pius, I am stuck in the States for now. I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it. I would just like to get back to the Philippines and I would be happy. 

• Like 1