Philippines will not open to intl tourism until 2nd half of 2021

hyaku
42 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

One other thing I noticed, that I had definitely NOT seen the last time I was through Moalboal about 2 years ago, was a number of signs in Asian languages..  Japanese Chinese and Korean.  Restaurants.. bars and the like.  And several good sized construction projects.  Definitely appears that a new crew with fresh money had started moving in when COVID hit

Lee commented that before the lockdown came in March..  they were getting 500 Chinese a day in Moalboal.  He said he got sick..  "Sick as a dog..  Really sick..  On my back for more than 2 weeks"   and that all his staff and many of his friends also got sick..  all before a lot of the COVID news hit the air waves.  He was adamant that he had COVID.  There was no news of that here in Cebu at the time..  but there was no test kits in Cebu at the time.  So.. not sure what that means..  

When everything opens back up after COVID..  I expect that Moalboal will become an "Asian tourism" destination town pretty quickly.

The Koreans have been there a while and built some big places since 2007. There was a Japanese dive shop for years but the owners fell out. One of them took over 200 meters of PTA beach front to kick out his partner. He went over the top of Cebu courts through Manila to secure PTA as no one had paid a lease. He then employed a gang to tear down everybody's business. My resto was ripped down in the process as I had rented from a second party. Since then the courts had ruled against it and kicked the Japanese out. Alfredo down at Cabana was thinking of buying it all up if the price was right. 

One of the reasons I left back in 2009 was the Koreans and others were building so much with swimming pools that the water supply had dried up. I used to have to buy water from the fire truck, Locals were back to using seawater for toilets and washing clothes at 3:00 a.m.

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have only seen this article posted on that blog nobody has ever heard of before with nothing to back up the info. Nothing about it posted by a local PH news site, Department of Tourism, Immigration, Etc, as far as I could find. :unknw:

Edited by T.S.
BossHog
3 hours ago, T.S. said:

I have only seen this article posted on that blog nobody has ever heard of before with nothing to back up the info. Nothing about it posted by a local PH news site, Department of Tourism, Immigration, Etc, as far as I could find.

Well, here's a quote direct from the Department of Tourism on the official DOT website:

"Once border controls are lifted by other countries, the DOT foresees regional international visitors by the second half of 2021."

Note the use of the word 'regional'.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
SkyMan
On 9/18/2020 at 8:25 PM, Pman said:

My wife wants to go home in December/January as we have a baby due to be born November 1st and she wants to get dual citizenship for him.

Can do that in the US and no hurry really. Also, I don't think it's a good idea for newborns to fly too early.  

Congrats 

• Like 1
cvgtpc1
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Can do that in the US and no hurry really. Also, I don't think it's a good idea for newborns to fly too early.  

Congrats 

Was advised by the Atlanta consulate last month dual citizenship is requested only from the Washington, D.C. consulate in the US.  

• Thanks 1
mikecon3
22 hours ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Was advised by the Atlanta consulate last month dual citizenship is requested only from the Washington, D.C. consulate in the US.

I think the Atlanta consulate is an honorary consulate and is limited in what they can do. Georgia falls under Washington anyway. I think other consulates are still doing them, the consulate in Los Angeles put out a notice on their website that all appointments for Dual Citizen applications are booked for the remainder of the year! Looks like everyone is trying to get it done right now...what a mess. :sad_01:

• Like 2