Mactan-Cebu International Airport - The World's Most Beautiful Airport

Ozepete
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Yes it is very impressive.  Even the traffic situation seems to work and the food there is very good. 

• Like 2
Chris24

I haven't flown into MCIA since before the new construction.   Back then it seemed efficient enough with very fast customs clearing as it was a small airport.  I only recall a very few food options (the one at the end of the terminal looked quite good).  That said, it's hard to imagine it becoming the world's most beautiful airport.  I'll give more thought to looking around next time I fly in.   

• Like 2
cookie47
I haven't flown into MCIA since before the new construction.   Back then it seemed efficient enough with very fast customs clearing as it was a small airport.  I only recall a very few food options (the one at the end of the terminal looked quite good).  That said, it's hard to imagine it becoming the world's most beautiful airport.  I'll give more thought to looking around next time I fly in.   
We've flown in and out. Coming in although nice your mind is on getting home.

Out bound as Pete says was a very Pleasant experience with time to look at the Architecture and amenities. We had coffee overlooking the apron/runway . Immigration was a breeze with a surprisingly Young smiling officer saying "have a good flight".

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 1
cookie47

I think it's difficult to claim best this ,best that.You Know, Airports,beaches, Whatever. Everything is a matter of opinion to the person doing the reveiw .I can remember my niece who lives in Singapore Arriving in Melbourne .She said Oh,I thought the Airport would be bigger. Now,,, Melbourne is no tin shed by far but compared with Changi ..well...
I said Singapore is a hub, Melbourne is virtually at the end of the line.(apart from Tasmania).Next stop Antarctica.haa.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Come on, Mactan is nice yes, but the world's most beautiful?
It doesn't come close to Changi airport or even Dubai airport...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
to_dave007
14 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Also..  I can see the point in talking about the most beautiful woman.. or the most beautiful beach..  or mountain..  But really.. most beautiful airport..  duh !!  who thinks this stuff up.

Kind of like the worlds most delicious toothpaste.  Ok ok..  maybe it tastes good..  but who cares !!

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2
liquido
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Or even Inchon,Hong Kong and the list goes on... Amenities is a whole new topic..

• Like 1
cookie47

I can remember sitting next to a man on a flight some years ago.He was in media of some sort and a very experienced flyer.

He said talking about airports.As long as the airport functions as an airport, Efficiency,Safely,And his plane is on time he not remotely interested in buying Gucci handbags and Rolex Watches.

He had a point that I have always remembered...

• Like 2
Davaoeno
8 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Also..  I can see the point in talking about the most beautiful woman.. or the most beautiful beach..  or mountain..  But really.. most beautiful airport..  duh !!  who thinks this stuff up.

Kind of like the worlds most delicious toothpaste.  Ok ok..  maybe it tastes good..  but who cares !!

Careful Dave- your post might be seen as being " amusing" by some members 😁

• Like 2
Jester

I am sure that if I was a writer who depended on viewership or hits on a site to become known and make a living I would not be titling my articles  MACTAN PHILIPPINES,   the worlds most so so airport.

Learned at a young age that "MOST POPULAR" is the one to be  careful of.  The most popular restauraunt may have a line 1/2 mile long and the most popular beach may not have a place to lay down.  The most popular dive site on Grand Cayman was elbow to elbow scuba divers.  Fine if you like that kind of thing.

• Like 1
baby43

I been through the new airport twice very impressed, least they got a burger king that a welcoming sight, and it's the first fast food place selling beer on tap, and I have found you get through everything quick compared to it used to be.

• Like 1
saigon46

Sure do miss that bubblegum toothpaste. Always thought that was the worlds most delicious toothpaste

• Like 2