Cebu 3rd Bridge to Mactan (Update September 07, 2020)

Woolf

cookie47
Who will use bridge
I was wondering about that myself .It seems a lot of money for a bridge to go ??.I guess the Airport will benefit as long as you want to go south.Maybe it's part of a plan to connect Leyte and onwards.I think it's feasible considering other projects around the world. Denmark and Macau come to mind.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• Headshot

• Flakes

• Kabisay-an gid

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite interesting for for those like me that haven't been out for a while.

Perhaps it's really being put in place to make it feasible to bring the 1000's and 1000's of truckloads of fill that will be required to reclaim all that Cordoba swampland, and turn it into reclaimed

I'm all for the 3rd bridge, but if they don't widen certain roads on Mactan, there will still be serious traffic problems. With the roads as they are now, it's a long haul across Mactan from Cordova t

Who will use bridge
Dunno mate .. the 3 years I lived on Mactan ..and admittedly right up the top end near the existing bridges , it would really have to depend on my desired destination ie Toledo, Moalboal, Minganillia ..SM Seaside ,( or to your place for a coffee ? )
It's hard to imagine the Airport generating much traffic that way , except perhaps for freight and southbound passengers .
The Mactan road infrastructure is continually under destruction/construction , and it can be a long slow haul back to Cordova.
But never fear ..it will get used !
Just how much it will relieve the other bridges is the question.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

East Saxon
On 9/8/2020 at 11:58 AM, smokey said:

Who will use bridge

This Bridge is supposed to be the first stage of a connection from Cebu to Bohol. 

• Like 1
rizla
On 9/8/2020 at 4:58 AM, smokey said:

Who will use bridge

It will reduce the numbers using the first bridge I would have thought, and certainly give faster access to the airport.

smokey
On 9/9/2020 at 9:01 PM, rizla said:

It will reduce the numbers using the first bridge I would have thought, and certainly give faster access to the airport.

at a price so you can forget workers paying 80 peso each way

On 9/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, Gus said:

Dunno mate .. 

All studies suggest that better/more roads/infrastructure just increase the amount of traffic, i.e. trucks/cars/bikes. The only sustainable solution is public transport.

• Like 1