Cebu 3rd Bridge to Mactan (Update September 07, 2020)

Woolf

liquido

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/77431/metro-pacific-for-3rd-bridge

A concept design of the proposed 3rd Cebu-Mactan Bridge by students and architects of the University of San Carlos in September 2013. But the actual design and construction by Metro Pacific Tollways Development Corp. will be different. They have yet to release in public photos or sketches of what they want to build. 

pageone1020-1.jpg

Wow, very futuristic....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• Headshot

• Flakes

• Kabisay-an gid

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite interesting for for those like me that haven't been out for a while.

Perhaps it's really being put in place to make it feasible to bring the 1000's and 1000's of truckloads of fill that will be required to reclaim all that Cordoba swampland, and turn it into reclaimed

I'm all for the 3rd bridge, but if they don't widen certain roads on Mactan, there will still be serious traffic problems. With the roads as they are now, it's a long haul across Mactan from Cordova t

mactanfamily

Thats a lot of lights. A few years ago they were fighting over who was going to pay for the few amounts of lights on the 2 present bridges. I recall them going black for a few weeks.

contraman

But the actual design and construction by Metro Pacific Tollways Development Corp. will be different.

This is what will actually be built :yahoo:

scariest00.jpg

• Like 6

Foot bridge in buenos aires argentina

2199091.jpg

Thats a lot of lights. A few years ago they were fighting over who was going to pay for the few amounts of lights on the 2 present bridges. I recall them going black for a few weeks.

Not to mention about number of traffic lights that are still controlled MANUALLY by guys sitting in little yellow boxes by the intersections along some roads in Cebu. 

Wishing they could first repair and maintain current infrastructure which would help city`s traffic issues without adding more to the system.

MarinePride

I'm against tolls, scrap the whole idea.  Gov't doesn't have the money for it?

Seriously, why would anyone pay 55+p to go to the south end of Mactan Island?

They need to collect almost 500 million tolls just to pay for the bridge, add t0 that maintenance, salaries, taxes and operating costs I just don't see how this could work.

• Like 2
contraman

Seriously, why would anyone pay 55+p to go to the south end of Mactan Island?

They need to collect almost 500 million tolls just to pay for the bridge, add t0 that maintenance, salaries, taxes and operating costs I just don't see how this could work.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story

Particularly when the bridge will have a politicians name all over it :idontknow:

Nangulo

It'll be just like the Cansaga Bay bridge where they build a really nice bridge and ignore the infrastructure on either end.  So a nice, new, wide bridge designed to handle piles of traffic will terminate onto a dilapidated one-lane road full of pedicabs.

Its truly a bridge to nowhere

Naw, that one's in Loboc, Bohol.  A really nice bridge was built over the Loboc River but nobody asked the Loboc church, first, if the bridge landing could encroach.  After the bridge, sans landing, was completed, they had to build another bridge so that vehicles could cross the river.  I'm not good with the maps, so I'll post the coordinates an you can punch into Google Earth.  The southern bridge goes nowhere.  It's eastern terminus is about 5 meters above the adjacent roadway.  It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

9°38'10.34"N, 124° 1'48.80"E

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=loboc+river+bridge+to+nowhere&oq=loboc+river+bridge+to+nowhere&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5253j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Goetz1965

Heres the picture that shows it - while they build the bridge no one see the church I guess ....

p1000571.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Woolf

Cebu Daily News

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/89676/cebu-city-greenlights-third-bridge-project

Cebu City greenlights third bridge project

09:36 PM March 18th, 2016

The Cebu City Council has authorized Mayor Michael Rama to sign the joint venture agreement with Metro Pacific Tollways Development Corp. (MPTDC) for the Cebu-Cordova Bridge project, allowing the Pangilinan-led company to start working on the regulatory requirements.

Rodrigo Franco, MPTDC president and CEO, said they have until Dec. 23 this year to fulfill the requirements under the JVA.

Among the requirements are permits from the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB), Philippine Reclamation Authority (PRA), Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) and the Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA).

“We are optimistic (that we can reach the deadline). Because our optimism is anchored on the fact that we think we have a very good project. No agency would go against the project because it’s for the benefit of the people of Cebu, Cordova and the other localities here,” Franco said.

The company could not proceed with the project until Mayor Rama signs the agreement. The company already  signed a joint venture agreement with the Cordova municipal government last January.

If all requirements are complied with by December, MPTDC legal consultant Aristotle Batuhan said construction could start by the middle of 2017.

The new bridge, with an estimated cost of P27.9 billion, is expected to be finished in 30 to 36 months and operational by 2020.

It will start near the Cebu South Coastal Road tunnel, where an 825-meter mainspan bridge will connect to Shell Island. A 7.65-kilometer causeway and viaduct will connect Shell Island to Barangay Pilipog in Cordova town.

In his presentation before the council, Franco said they are proposing a web arch bridge similar to the Lupu Bridge in China. It will be constructed about 7.5 kilometers away from the first Mandaue-Mactan Bridge.

“It will be the tallest web arch bridge and the highest clearance from the water. Once built, it will have a clear span of 400 meters and a clearance of 51 meters from the water level to the bridge. It will be the first, not just for Cebu City but for the entire Philippines,” Franco told the council.

Batuhan said the Cebu City and Cordova municipal governments will each get one percent of the revenues in the first year of operation, instead of the original proposal of five percent share to be split equally between the two local government units.

“The advantage is since it will be top line, starting on the first year of operation, both LGUs will already start getting a share of the revenues,” he said.

Revenues will come mainly from the proposed P55 toll fee, which will increase to P89 by 2021. The rate still needs approval from the Toll Regulatory Board.

Under the agreement, MPTDC will build the bridge and operate it for 35 years before it is turned over to the LGUs.

Approval of the project is needed from the PRA since some components of the project entail reclamation. The DPWH also needs to ensure that the carrying capacity of the roads to the bridge is enough.

Clearance is required from the CAAP because the project site lies in flypath of the MCIA.

Edited by Woolf