bmoore

How are Moalboal, Malapascua and Panglao Island resorts doing?

bmoore

I read the complaint about the low number of posts, so I thought I would ask a question.  My R.P. plans have been on hold. 

In general how have the nearby dive/tourist resort communities done during the lockdown.  Are they dead?  Are the resorts shut down completely?   Or is this the perfect time, no crowds, low prices, etc. (like years ago)? 

• Like 2

cookie47

Well I can only input a little information which I feel is correct. My wife told me..haaa

My wife is a Native of Daanbantaan.We normally visit about five times a year from Consolacion where we live.She tells me we WOULD need a travel pass from the Municipal office prior to travel.Now maybe that's because we are Seniors I don't know.

Also restricted entry (Checkpoint) to Daanbantaan is still in place .SO I ASSUME that resorts like Malapasqua are suffering.

I'm sure there is another LinC Member in the area that has more info..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Taz

Well Canyoneering just got the green light to start back up in Badian. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hyaku

Dive shops seem to be O.K in Moalboal. Some guy posting he did his open water at Saavedra. Blue Abyss advertising dives from the shore today at P999.

Edited by hyaku
  • Thanks 1

RR3
12 hours ago, hyaku said:

Dive shops seem to be O.K in Moalboal. Some guy posting he did his open water at Saavedra. Blue Abyss advertising dives from the shore today at P999.

Panagsama is a ghost town compared to before. They can reduce their price but no customers. Weekends pinoy coming but no kano be seen.

• Thanks 1

fred42

We dropped our long term price from 18K to 10K per month..
I got foreigners,usually Europeans trying to low ball the offer and telling us they will only pay 5k!! 
I am now discovering many more ways to express the two [email protected] OFF""!!
Yes..Panglao is dead.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

battleborn

I think they all will suffer until foreigners are allowed back into Cebu and the transportation returns to normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to_dave007

spoke to Brit at Immi9gration last week.  He was long time resident in Malapascua and now lives in Daan Bantayan.  He said all resorts in Malapascua still closed.  Zero hapening there.

• Thanks 1

hyaku
On 9/9/2020 at 4:19 AM, RR3 said:

Panagsama is a ghost town compared to before. They can reduce their price but no customers. Weekends pinoy coming but no kano be seen.

Yes I noticed most of the whores came back here.

RR3
6 hours ago, hyaku said:

Yes I noticed most of the whores came back here.

Plz respect to working girls. Many have big family to support.

• Thanks 1

Davaoeno
On 9/10/2020 at 3:23 PM, RR3 said:

Many have big family to 

Deleted

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Haha 1

smokey

i saw a news report on the whale sharks in cebu now.opened but in the.past 1000 plus visitors  now 14

RR3
2 hours ago, smokey said:

i saw a news report on the whale sharks in cebu now.opened but in the.past 1000 plus visitors  now 14

Best time to go is NOW

cvgtpc1
21 hours ago, RR3 said:

Best time to go is NOW

If you can get there from outside the PI?