Foreigners work with the PNP

Boss Ross

Boss Ross

A few days ago two uniformed PNP (male and female) came to my house asking me to join some group (can't remember the name) and asked me to complete their questionnaire in order to join. I read through the two pages which included duties and responsibilities. Basically they wanted to recruit me to locate and report the location of any foreigners I could find. The stated reason for this was to aid them in any emergency and/or emergency evacuation. The female asked me 3 times if she could take my picture. Each time I told her no. I told them I was too busy to do all the things they wanted and told them I was not interested in joining. 

Has this happened to anyone else, is anyone a member of this group?

Thanks

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Sounds a lot like these...

Headshot
20 hours ago, Boss Ross said:

A few days ago two uniformed PNP (male and female) came to my house

I had the PNP once ask me to help them resolve disputes in my barangay and the surrounding area of Mandaue City. I told them that any foreigner who puts themselves into the middle of a dispute between two other people (even if supported by an agency of the government) will quickly find themselves sued or deported (or both), and I would rather not have that happen. They understood and let it go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
HeyMike

Many years ago (maybe 2010) 2 police came to my home in Barili and asked questions about me and asked for me to show my passport. I did not fuss about it and gave them my info. They did not ask for a picture. The police said they needed a record of all the foreigners in town. They have not been back since then. 

smokey

I know a couple of guys who pose as foreigners and report to bi

Chris24

Sounds like something that can't possibly lead to anything good.  If it were me I would just smile and decline........

Edited by Chris24
typo
  • Like 2
wondersailor

Approximately 4 months ago, I was visiting a fellow American friend in the same town as myself when 6 to 8 plain cloths police showed up at his compound gate. They demanded to see his ID and never said why they were there. They questioned him for approx. 10 minutes then left. I was inside the house and never let my presence be known. I asked my girl's cousins.who are both high ranking in the local police, about it. They made inquiries and could not come up with an answer (so they said).

• Confused 1
hyaku
On 8/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, Boss Ross said:

A few days ago two uniformed PNP (male and female) came to my house asking me to join some group (can't remember the name) and asked me to complete their questionnaire in order to join. I read through the two pages which included duties and responsibilities. Basically they wanted to recruit me to locate and report the location of any foreigners I could find. The stated reason for this was to aid them in any emergency and/or emergency evacuation. The female asked me 3 times if she could take my picture. Each time I told her no. I told them I was too busy to do all the things they wanted and told them I was not interested in joining. 

Has this happened to anyone else, is anyone a member of this group?

Thanks

There was group started up after Yolanda. I forget the name. I think there were posts on here about it.