JNT (J&T) and COD deliveries - pay before inspecting?

lamoe

Received order today - delivery man said company policy - pay first before opening package. "What if parts missing or damaged?

Let company know.  Have message into JNT to clarify if really policy or just local BS. Searched corp website  no go.

Raven
34 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Received order today - delivery man said company policy - pay first before opening package. "What if parts missing or damaged?

Let company know.  Have message into JNT to clarify if really policy or just local BS. Searched corp website  no go.

I have same experience... pay first before open package...if any issues it should be solved between you and the seller and/or the shopping site (Lazada/Shopee etc)

If any damage, you can not return it with the same courier...you have to inform seller about issue.

The only thing you can do if you see package is damaged... refuse to receive.

• Like 2
lamoe

Slight damage to metal flour sifter rings - no biggy

I'll probably switch to PayPal and take advantage of free shipping promos

SkyMan

I've had that.  Guy says, pay before opening.  I say no, COD means Cash on Delivery of the item, not just a package.  The item might not be in there.  If they still have a problem they can take it back.

• Like 2
wondersailor
15 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I've had that.  Guy says, pay before opening.  I say no, COD means Cash on Delivery of the item, not just a package.  The item might not be in there.  If they still have a problem they can take it back.

Had that happen to me last year with a cellphone, open before paying and found only a large metal clip inside, no phone no charger. Refused and notified Lazada. Most courier services don't want you to open first then pay, but if expensive, you better believe I will or they can return it. Small items I'll take my chances 

• Like 1