$1,000 a day as a general handyman

lamoe

Those who have maintained their own homes will probably go WTF!! -  these people are paying $125 minimum.

Thing to remember is he may not have full days every day, especially when in a service industry and just starting out.

Included some titles of his other vids

Handyman To The Elderly | Installing Ceiling Fans and Faucets | How Much to Charge | THE HANDYMAN |

Handyman Makes $1,200 Per Day Resetting GFI Outlets For Millennials | THE HANDYMAN |

SkyMan
17 hours ago, lamoe said:

Handyman Makes $1,200 Per Day Resetting GFI Outlets For Millennials | THE HANDYMAN |

Well sure, looks like a lot but then you have to consider all the school work and certifications he had to go through to be able to do that.

• Like 1
lamoe
Posted (edited)

Yep -  definitely not cheap along with taxes / insurance..

Lived in apartments until 1st house. Luckily had neighbors who were willing to teach me.  DO NOT USE borrowed acetylene torch to solder copper pipes and MAP gas works better.:biggrin_01:.

Last house HOA (only 50 houses) we put together a list of who could do what and what specialized equipment they might have (wet tile cutter, floor nailing gun, portable air compressor, auger post hole digger, etc.) also list of what should be standard "I have that" tools.

We attracted a fair number who'd never done their own work before. If you wanted us to do it for you was $10 / hr per man, avoided moochers. To help / teach was food / drinks while working and if big job (wooden deck was most common) beer party when done.

Could walk? home.:1frog:

For the  physically unable. we'd usually do it for free , just cost of materials.

Edited by lamoe
SkyMan
43 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Yep -  definitely not cheap along with taxes / insurance..

Guess I left out the :sarcasm:.  How much overhead is there for going into a house and pushing reset on the GFI?

• Like 1
savarity

On the FB groups around where I am now in the US. Mechanics and general carpenters advertise for $20-25 hr. I'm sure many would love to get $1200 a day.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

lamoe
8 hours ago, savarity said:

On the FB groups around where I am now in the US. Mechanics and general carpenters advertise for $20-25 hr. I'm sure many would love to get $1200 a day.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Difference maybe licensed. insured, bonded.

In another vid he talks about starting out and why he charges so much. It seems the more he charges gets fewer deadbeats.

• Like 1
to_dave007
On 8/26/2020 at 6:34 AM, SkyMan said:

How much overhead is there for going into a house and pushing reset on the GFI?

Ahhh.. but the key thing is knowing what button to push. That's why he makes the big bucks.  

• Haha 1