Sign in to follow this  
mikecon3

Corona Del Mar

mikecon3

The wife and I bought a lot in Corona Del Mar in Talisay back in 2007. At the time, I thought the subdivision was really nice, especially the common areas. The pool and club house right down by the shore were a really good selling point. I think we got in on phase 2, maybe 3. The place was well kept up. Figured one day we would build a house there.

Fast forward to last year, the wife went by to check it out. All the common areas looked run down, and the overall look of the area looked neglected. She had been a couple of years earlier and had noticed a small decline, but nothing like April 2019. Could have just been a bad month, but probably not.

The wife said they put a big electrical pole smack dab in the middle of our lot, we have a corner lot. When she asked about it, they said no problem, when you decide to build, we’ll move it ONCE YOU fill out the forms to request it. Thanks.

Is this common for the subdivisions once they’ve sold all the lots? I would suspect it is, and probably more so in the Philippines. Anyone live there that can verify that this is the norm and wasn’t just a bad maintenance month?

On another subject, I’ve read comments on the forum about the traffic being bad in Talisay, but didn’t really notice it when I went there…granted, besides going 2 years ago, I hadn’t been there since they built the SM! Maybe everyone is referring to a different side of town. BTW, on another completely different rant, I wasn’t impressed with the mall…just seemed too upscale, or maybe I’m just getting old!

rfm010

I've no suggestions about the pole that wouldnt lead to trouble but as far as the subdivision once a certain percentage of lots are occupied the developer may turn control over to the homeowners association.  Maintenance would then be derived from dues of which many people have a special aversion.  So things go downhill.  Dont expect things to get better.  Would be surprised if your lot hasnt become a dumping ground/toilet/parking lot/rooster ranch.  Start charging rent on the pole and fill out the forms pronto, whatever your real intentions.  Not that it will work. 

• Like 1

to_dave007

No idea how it is inside a subdivision, but I had an electrical pole inconveniently located well inside the lot my wife and I had purchased here in Tuburan.  The issue was two fold ..  (a) the pole location limited what I could do and (b) the wire hung down quite close to where metal roof would be.

I visited CEBECO myself and spoke to the engineer, and asked if it could be relocated.  Everything was quite cordial.  They moved it within 4 weeks, and really there was no fuss, not even a form to fill out.

• Like 2

mikecon3
1 hour ago, rfm010 said:

I've no suggestions about the pole that wouldnt lead to trouble but as far as the subdivision once a certain percentage of lots are occupied the developer may turn control over to the homeowners association.  Maintenance would then be derived from dues of which many people have a special aversion.  So things go downhill.  Dont expect things to get better.  Would be surprised if your lot hasnt become a dumping ground/toilet/parking lot/rooster ranch.  Start charging rent on the pole and fill out the forms pronto, whatever your real intentions.  Not that it will work. 

I was thinking along the same lines, but as far as I know, Filinvest has started a whole new project in the subdivision, so I would think they would want it to look better.

Our lot has actually been kept up well, I would imagine that has to do with it being close to the entrance!

mikecon3
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

No idea how it is inside a subdivision, but I had an electrical pole inconveniently located well inside the lot my wife and I had purchased here in Tuburan.  The issue was two fold ..  (a) the pole location limited what I could do and (b) the wire hung down quite close to where metal roof would be.

I visited CEBECO myself and spoke to the engineer, and asked if it could be relocated.  Everything was quite cordial.  They moved it within 4 weeks, and really there was no fuss, not even a form to fill out.

Same here, I couldn't build anything there, if the pole isn't in the way, the wires are.

She dealt with the site engineer for the subdivision. I just think he was busy when she talked to him, and figured he hadn't seen her before, why bother getting a pole relocated unless he absolutely had to. I guess it worked for him, a year and a half later still there. It will be one of the first items on the list when we finally get there.

to_dave007
4 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

She dealt with the site engineer for the subdivision. I just think he was busy when she talked to him, and figured he hadn't seen her before, why bother getting a pole relocated unless he absolutely had to. I guess it worked for him, a year and a half later still there. It will be one of the first items on the list when we finally get there.

My first question would be "who owns the pole?".  I "suspect" that the site engineer may not have DIRECT responsibility for it.  My "guess" is that the pole is owned by electrical utility and for it to get moved the site engineer or your wife (or both) may need to go to the right person at electrical utility to request the move.  It's a bit of a trick to find the right person to deal with, and until that happens, likely the pole won't move.

• Like 2