Salty Dog

50 Perfect Ways to Cook Potatoes

Salty Dog

If you're a potato fan like me, I'm sure you will find a recipe or two on this list that you would like to try. The list with photos and recipes is much too long to post here, however it is easy to navigate from the sites link: 

https://www.thedailymeal.com/cook/50-perfect-ways-cook-potatoes-gallery

50 Perfect Ways to Cook Potatoes

March 19, 2018 | By Daisy Nichols

Potatoes are delicious any way you cook them

Bakedboiled, fried, mashed, in any way, shape or form, potatoes are delicious. These starchy tubers, native to the Andes, can be divided into two categories — starchy or waxy — each of which lends itself particularly well to particular culinary uses. Want light and fluffy mashed potatoes, a particularly good baked potato, or an excellent French fries? Use a floury potato. Looking to make a perfect potato salad, a great gratin or fabulous roast potatoes? Go for waxy potatoes instead.

There are so many great potato recipes to choose from, but where on earth does one start? Lucky for you, dear readers, The Daily Meal has done the heavy lifting, scoured through the many, many potato recipes on our site, and selected a wonderful array of recipes to choose from. Hassleback potatoes, mashed, fried, hash brownscasseroles and more, if you are looking for a variety of ways to cook potatoes, this is the list for you! Don’t wait a second longer, read on to discover 50 perfect ways to cook potatoes!

• Like 2

Ozepete
Posted (edited)

My wife does a dish where she part boils them whole skin on, then bakes them.  She then splits them in two, adds slaw and dress with mayonnaise and sour cream... yum.  Otherwise potato done various ways in most dishes, just so long as it is there!

Woops! forgot to include the diced bacon.

Edited by Ozepete
Additional info !
  • Thanks 2

Semper paratus

I love sweet potatoes. They make really great fries. Yummy. I would guess there are 50 ways to cook sweet potatoes also. Variety is the spice of life. Thought your wife may not agree with that part. :o)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cookie47

I'd love a real roast potatoe, not the deep fried verity, the ones that are added to the Sunday roast of lamb.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Semper paratus

As kids in the fall we'd rake the leaves into a big pile on the cement driveway entrance, Then we'd put potatoes inside the pile on the bottom. The following morning we'd dig the potatoes cooked to perfection out of the ashes and have a great breakfast. That great smokey taste was something I'll never forget. Was that method one of the 50 ways to cook potatoes ? Or is it now 51 ways ? :o)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

rfm010
On 8/24/2020 at 9:18 PM, cookie47 said:

I'd love a real roast potatoe, not the deep fried verity, the ones that are added to the Sunday roast of lamb.... 

I'd love a sunday roast of lamb.   I'd even take it on a tuesday.

• Like 4

wondersailor

I make myself home fries with onion in addition to eggs just about every morning. Damn, they are good!😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2