Expired USA Passport

menehune

But in this world nothing is perfect. And now a days its much worst. Thats why i love it here more and more. Always more fun in the ______..... sooo many of my friends want to move here now. They say they are just gonna die. Be Happy do do do do ay do little do an be happy. Ahaha yes i had my colt. Just a little.

SkyMan
10 hours ago, maximian said:

I agree with the BI. If your passport was due to expire in July why was it not renewed at least 6 months before that date. 

I can understand, to some degree, with the 6 months on entry but if you're not traveling and there is, normally, a means to renew fairly quickly within the country, why bother?  This is not a normal situation and hardly foreseeable. In 6m months are you going to tell people they should have renewed a year early? When your passport expires, whenever that is, I'll just tell you you should have renewed it in Dec 2019 because you should have known this could happen.

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
20 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I can understand, to some degree, with the 6 months on entry but if you're not traveling and there is, normally, a means to renew fairly quickly within the country, why bother?...

Because nothing out of the ordinary ever happens in the Philippines...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
menehune

Yes before covid it was very easy to renew a passport. My friend had just done his. Go into consolate Waterfront Hotel, fill out paperwork, pay cash or Cc, then they have it delivered to you where you live. But yes i started on it late cause i wanted to get my last visa extension on my passport before i was to give it up and not really know when i would get it back. So maybe it was really good i didnt turn it in, cause with covid maybe i still wouldnt have it back yet. So yes the Embassy says theres nothing that can be done.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
menehune

Ok so i finnaly got an appointment with the Cebu US Embassy. They have been following my problems so they let me get the appointment, because my visa was to expire also. They were very quick and they were all very nice and answered other questions i had. And no one else in there at that time. 

But for one answer they could not tell me when i might get my passport back. Could take up to 4 mos. Covid. So i went to immigration after to ask if i can get a extension. Told the story and just as i thought i have to wait till i get the passport back and pay the penalties. But at least i checked first. So when i do get it, and go back. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
menehune

Ok got my passport deliverd to me in less then 1 mo. When to jmall Bil this morning, very empty. Payed 1 mo late fee not so much. Only could get 2mo ex. 

And then ate at world travellers near to Bil. Was good breakfast. Would love to try their other food.

• Like 1