Jump to content

One Ply Toilet Paper: The Dumbest Invention Ever


Salty Dog

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Here’s why one ply toilet paper is the dumbest invention ever. The world would be a better place without it. Why is one ply toilet paper so thin? Why do people by 1-ply toilet paper? Luckily there’s never been a worse invention than one ply toilet paper. Which toilet paper should you be will be a question you never ask again.n ever. The world would be a better place without it. Why is one ply toilet paper so thin? Why do people buy 1-ply toilet paper? Luckily there’s never been a worse invention than one ply toilet paper. Which toilet paper should you be will be a question you never ask again.

There is a one minute advertisement at end that you might want to skip...

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember as a young kid around 5 years old, we did not have toilet paper, maybe not in vented then, we used nespaper to wip our ass, once toilet paper came  along it was 1 ply, and the funny part the toliet paper was wrapped up in brown paper 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe

Years ago in Switzerland - had to escort Chinese buyers around because no family with me.

One of the buyers had his own TP - 1st time let out of country - he was amazed at the quality of the TP and that it was free in hotel / restaurants. Local hotel asked company to pay for all the TP the delegation took. They would raid the service carts whenever they could.

His was brown, very heavy (6 / 7 ply thickness?) , and could see wood chips.

Had to be a real "hard a$$" to use it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyMike

I lived in Paris, France for about 9 months in the late 80s. The toilet paper was a stack of single sheets of brown folded paper. I stayed in cheap rooms with the bathroom down the hall. The toilet was down the hall, but all the rooms came with a bidet. It wasn't till years later that I found out what the hell a bidet was. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010

Sears roebuck catalogue was preferred over cornhusks at great grandma h's farm.  Read a page and wipe.  Civilization took a step backward when the pages went glossy.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HeyMike said:

I lived in Paris, France for about 9 months in the late 80s. The toilet paper was a stack of single sheets of brown folded paper. I stayed in cheap rooms with the bathroom down the hall. The toilet was down the hall, but all the rooms came with a bidet. It wasn't till years later that I found out what the hell a bidet was. 

Yes I know. Before one roll of TP not enough to return white from my hairy backside. Until 1989 my tirak Mai teach me how civilized folks use water to clean after. Eureka, ever since I am happy, and clean. And how many trees I saved. Kop khun krap Sommai

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Semper paratus

When I was in the U.S. Coast Guard 1963- 67 the TP they sent us had the wood fibers in it. What a bunch of cheapskates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24
On 8/17/2020 at 6:26 PM, Semper paratus said:

When I was in the U.S. Coast Guard 1963- 67 the TP they sent us had the wood fibers in it. What a bunch of cheapskates.

Rough and ready.  At least you Coasties got TP.  We ground-pounders sometimes didn't so used leaves, which reinforces the need to pay attention to those classes where they teach you to identify poison ivy and such. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
7 hours ago, Chris24 said:

Rough and ready.  At least you Coasties got TP.  We ground-pounders sometimes didn't so used leaves, which reinforces the need to pay attention to those classes where they teach you to identify poison ivy and such. 

And the no-see-em bugs that live in the plants

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

If you use wet wipes, you seldom need more than one sheet. With toilet paper, it is rather difficult to only use one sheet. The wipes I use are made of renewable bamboo fibers, and they disinfect as well as clean. We seldom use toilet paper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

If you use wet wipes, you seldom need more than one sheet. With toilet paper, it is rather difficult to only use one sheet. The wipes I use are made of renewable bamboo fibers, and they disinfect as well as clean. We seldom use toilet paper.

Allow me disagree. Tried that too.

Me think key is if You have strong growth of body hair, then also down there. Water is the answer, used in Asia since XinZhai

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
3 hours ago, RR3 said:

Allow me disagree. Tried that too.

Me think key is if You have strong growth of body hair, then also down there. Water is the answer, used in Asia since XinZhai

I have nothing against bum guns. If you have one, then that is great. If the choice is between toilet paper and wet wipes, then wet wipes win hands down (at least in my opinion). BTW, how do you get all of the water off your ass when you're done?

 

Edited by Headshot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24

This thread sure has gone into the toilet (abeit that trip wasn't a very far one....)

Haven't figured out how to use the bum gun yet but the idea seems like a good one, and those who've made the leap do seem to prefer it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
12 hours ago, Chris24 said:

This thread sure has gone into the toilet (abeit that trip wasn't a very far one....)

Oh what the hell! Since we're already there...

39106.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan

Just to go off topic and post about the topic.  There's really nothing wrong with 1 ply. In fact, you should be able to make approximately the same size wad of paper using less than double the length of the same wad using 2ply. The problem is that the 1-ply is the cheapest paper and therefore, not as soft as the paper in the 2 ply.  This can be fixed if it's a problem for you by using a shorter piece of 2 ply and pulling the layers apart and wadding them together.  But yeah, bum gun and a small wad to wipe the water.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...