17 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Lets just hope there are slightly smarter people working of the covid 19 vaccine than you or I Gunga Din, cos if there isn't we are certainly stuffed!   

Then we are most definitely "stuffed" or more accurately fuked, especially here in the RP where, due to willful ignorance, Filipino "pride" mandates that, to get ahead of the curve, it is willing to impose the most stupid and destructive policies.  This cannot be over emphasized. 

There is a series of videos on YouTube by Sceptikat that are as methodical as they are scathing condemnations of the Covid-19 policies mandated by the UK government and the resulting consequences.  It doesn't seem to matter what order you watch them, but there is a sequence.  I couldn't find Part 1, so it appears logical to start with Part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sceptikat

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeedleNuts

• Dafey

• rfm010

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife feels the same way every time I try to have sex with her...

Posted Images

Davaoeno
4 hours ago, Headshot said:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has checked to see if any of these potential vaccines have any lasting antibody values. They are testing the new vaccines for safety ... nothing more. Coronavirus of all types have have been shown to only cause extraordinarily short-lived antibody response. Why do you think a vaccine for the common cold has never been introduced? The new coronavirus has already been shown to have the same characteristic (a very weak and short-lived antibody response). What makes anybody think that these vaccines will actually have any long-lasting protective value? Are you willing to go in to get vaccinated every two months to ensure that you are protected?

It seems that  you are claiming that you are the only person in the world who knows anything about vaccines . 

Would I get vaccinated every 2 months if I knew that was the only way to stay alive?? ABSOLUTELY!!  If that became the case we would probably be self injecting like diabetics

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
13 hours ago, Gus said:

The Oxford / AstraZenuca vaccine has just been put on hold , after one of the participants in the study got I'll.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Please provide a source link.

7 hours ago, RR3 said:

China, Russia already vaccinating for full. Western plutocracies lost the race.

DU30 takes SputnikV into PI, better than Oxford failure? 

59 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Have no idea how to provide a link ..anyway I just heard it on the ABC news ..and thought my word would be sufficient.
Using that Google thing , I found this ,and worked out how to do a screenshot ..

.ae3d354993889417e36da5462c6e0d52.jpg

Will try not to bother you any further.

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
15 minutes ago, Gus said:

Have no idea how to provide a link ..anyway I just heard it on the ABC news ..and thought my word would be sufficient.
Using that Google thing , I found this ,and worked out how to do a screenshot ..

.ae3d354993889417e36da5462c6e0d52.jpg

Will try not to bother you any further.

Try again

This is just fine.

If I hadn't asked, someone else would. It's not a matter if we trust your word.

It's also fine if you say you heard it from a News Report on the TV.

I guess I should have just asked for the source. I'm used to asking for a link when it's the Original Post (OP) on a thread.

• Like 1

Another source

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/oxford-covid-19-vaccine-clinical-trial-paused/

Phase 3 trials of a promising COVID-19 vaccine have been put on hold

The COVID-19 vaccine trial conducted by Oxford University and AstraZeneca has been paused, according to a report from Stat News. One participant has fallen ill with an as-yet-unknown illness, and a review board will now investigate whether it’s an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Known as AZD1222 (or ChAdOx1 nCoV-19), the drug has just begun Phase 3 clinical trials throughout the US. But these have now been put on hold in response to what may be a serious adverse reaction in a participant in a UK trial. Exactly what the reaction is and when it occurred has not yet been made public, but the report does note that the patient is expected to recover

A spokesperson for AstraZeneca told Stat News that the company’s “standard review process triggered a pause to vaccination to allow review of safety data… [A pause is] a routine action which has to happen whenever there is a potentially unexplained illness in one of the trials, while it is investigated, ensuring we maintain the integrity of the trials.”

The Oxford researchers have previously said that we could know before the end of 2020 whether AZD1222 is an effective vaccine against the coronavirus. It’s unknown what effect this pause may have on the timeline.

While this news sounds like a disappointing setback, it’s important to note that such pauses are somewhat common occurrences in clinical trials. It doesn’t mean the vaccine is “off,” either – the illness might not have been caused by the vaccine itself, and the point of the pause is to investigate that possible link.

“In large trials illnesses will happen by chance but must be independently reviewed to check this carefully,” the spokesperson told Stat News. Another insider reported that researchers are now looking into the data from other trials for cases of similar adverse reactions.

AZD1222 is just one of several vaccine candidates currently in clinical trials.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Gus said:

The Oxford / AstraZenuca vaccine has just been put on hold , after one of the participants in the study got I'll.

I believe there is another trial still going,  Novavax

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 9/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, Davaoeno said:

Would I get vaccinated every 2 months if I knew that was the only way to stay alive?? ABSOLUTELY!!  If that became the case we would probably be self injecting like diabetics

Robert gallo, who knows a thing or three about viruses, has suggested looking at the polio vaccine as a method to provide short term protection.  He says ( while acknowledging the need for trialing it) that it (in the form of a booster to what most of the world has already received) may provide up to 4 months of protection, so in fact a good bit as you suggest.   Less than 20 cents a pop, safety sort of confirmed given that most everyone has already had it.  The scientific rationale is intriguing.   He feels it could serve as sort of a bridge until a proper vaccine is developed, allowing people to get back to work and replenish my social security funding.  

You can hear him interviewed in a useful idiots podcast from a month or two back.  There are probably other souces for what he has to say, but i feel it would do the linc crowd good to hear a useful idiots podcast.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/9/2020 at 9:11 PM, noddle said:

I believe there is another trial still going,  Novavax

I believe there are nine candidates in phase 3 trials.  Not sure if that includes the ruskies, which has just started.  I think they are number 10.  None of them seem particularly compelling long term, all having some problems in trials.  nvax seems to be doing as well as any at the moment which given their history is worrisome.  

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

One of our more distinguished members referred to a Useful Idiots Podcast. Please don't post any of Rolling Stone's Useful Idiots Podcasts on the open forum if it discuss politics in one way or the other. More like one way...:biggrin_01:

Some members might take that as a reason to go into Political Discussion mode...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I live under a rock, evidently! I had to Google what a Useful Idiot Podcast was, I thought that was some kind of code word you guys used!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

One of our more distinguished members referred to a Useful Idiots Podcast. Please don't post any of Rolling Stone's Useful Idiots Podcasts on the open forum if it discuss politics in one way or the other. More like one way...:biggrin_01:

Some members might take that as a reason to go into Political Discussion mode...:rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.17653398a9e3c21bbabb50d1c5585200.png

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

I live under a rock, evidently! I had to Google what a Useful Idiot Podcast was, I thought that was some kind of code word you guys used!

Me too!     This get old is a bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
4 hours ago, mikecon3 said:

23 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Me too!     This get old is a bastard. 

:ditto:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • 1 month later...
RogerDuMond

Dow is up 1200 points now on the news that Pfizer has developed a vaccine with the help of the Warp Speed Covid program. The vaccine that is 90% effective now has to undergo FDA approval and should be ready by the end of the November.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5