Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ozepete

Russia claims to have a vaccine ready to use!  Apparently similar to that being developed by several countries but they say theirs is tested and a goer!!   

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DeedleNuts

    34

  • Dafey

    31

  • rfm010

    25

  • Salty Dog

    24

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife feels the same way every time I try to have sex with her...

Posted Images

Ozepete
3 minutes ago, maximian said:

I've already volunteered. 

aAe6bvd_460s.jpg

You will need the adult dose... two litres! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
Ozepete

The Australian PM Scott Morrison announced today that his government has an arrangement to manufacture 87 million Covid 19 vaccine shots in Melbourne. This is at a cost of 1.7 billion and contingent upon the successful completion of stage three testing. The vaccine is expected to be available from January 2021 and will be free to all Aussies. 

Under the deal, early access to the Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine could see some Australians being vaccinated as soon as January, with 3.8 million doses expected in the first two months of 2021. Australians will only need to take one of the successful vaccine candidates, with an initial dose followed by a booster dose of the same vaccine within weeks.

It is likely vulnerable people and front-line health workers will be provided with vaccinations first. In total, the agreements are for 33.8 million doses of an Oxford vaccine and 51 million doses of a UQ vaccine.

In a statement, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said both vaccines would need to be proven safe and effective in trials and meet regulatory requirements before being made publicly available.

"Australians will gain free access to a COVID-19 vaccine in 2021 if trials prove successful," Mr Morrison said.

"By securing the production and supply agreements, Australians will be among the first in the world to receive a safe and effective vaccine, should it pass late-stage testing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

87 million doses for a population of less than 25 million. Even with two shots per person, thats a lot of leftover doses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozepete
10 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

87 million doses for a population of less than 25 million. Even with two shots per person, thats a lot of leftover doses.

There are two different vaccines involved in the deal. One from Queensland Uni requires two shots and the other from Oxford. The Oz PM also said that the vacs would be offered free and not compulsory so the actual uptake is unknown. Vacs will also be supplied free to small neighbouring Pacific countries also, so no left overs in fact there will be millions more to follow if all goes well. 

This is actually looking promising as indicated by our chief medical officer who rarely gets excited about anything, but this has even got him reved up...  The first batch will be offered to the most vulnerable like medical workers and us old geysers... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozepete said:

There are two different vaccines involved in the deal. One from Queensland Uni requires two shots and the other from Oxford. The Oz PM also said that the vacs would be offered free and not compulsory so the actual uptake is unknown. Vacs will also be supplied free to small neighbouring Pacific countries also, so no left overs in fact there will be millions more to follow if all goes well. 

This is actually looking promising as indicated by our chief medical officer who rarely gets excited about anything, but this has even got him reved up...  The first batch will be offered to the most vulnerable like medical workers and us old geysers... 

Personally I will wait a little while after it's released to see what the side affect are...

Living in Tassie has it pluses ( No Covid ATM, and having 2 heads )   :-)

Nigel

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Oxford / AstraZenuca vaccine has just been put on hold , after one of the participants in the study got I'll.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way I would ever voluntarily be vaccinated.  However, I predict that this government, after it opens up for tourism again,  will require all tourists to show evidence of vaccination before allowing entry.  Any bets?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
East Saxon
1 hour ago, Kreole said:

There is no way I would ever voluntarily be vaccinated.  However, I predict that this government, after it opens up for tourism again,  will require all tourists to show evidence of vaccination before allowing entry.  Any bets?

I would bet you are right.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gus said:

The Oxford / AstraZenuca vaccine has just been put on hold , after one of the participants in the study got I'll.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk
 

China, Russia already vaccinating for full. Western plutocracies lost the race.

DU30 takes SputnikV into PI, better than Oxford failure? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has checked to see if any of these potential vaccines have any lasting antibody values. They are testing the new vaccines for safety ... nothing more. Coronavirus of all types have have been shown to only cause extraordinarily short-lived antibody response. Why do you think a vaccine for the common cold has never been introduced? The new coronavirus has already been shown to have the same characteristic (a very weak and short-lived antibody response). What makes anybody think that these vaccines will actually have any long-lasting protective value? Are you willing to go in to get vaccinated every two months to ensure that you are protected?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozepete
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has checked to see if any of these potential vaccines have any lasting antibody values. They are testing the new vaccines for safety ... nothing more. Coronavirus of all types have have been shown to only cause extraordinarily short-lived antibody response. Why do you think a vaccine for the common cold has never been introduced? The new coronavirus has already been shown to have the same characteristic (a very weak and short-lived antibody response). What makes anybody think that these vaccines will actually have any long-lasting protective value? Are you willing to go in to get vaccinated every two months to ensure that you are protected?

Lets just hope there are slightly smarter people working of the covid 19 vaccine than you or I Gunga Din, cos if there isn't we are certainly stuffed!   :snap:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...